Window issues in cold weather?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt
Try optioning the car the same way as it's sold here and be amazed at how all these options add up...
😱😱😱😱
Even more options in Canada.
They make it too easy for salespeople in America.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by peekyIL
😱😱😱😱
Even more options in Canada.
They make it too easy for salespeople in America.
They like to sell cars from inventory rather than factory orders in the US, hence packs such as "Premium", "Prestige" and limited options. It is certainly a dealer lead strategy, it doesn't really suit Audi's global business model, more a Lexus / Infiniti style model. Ironically, those brands sell well in the US, but very poorly in Europe. The reverse for Audi, so I'd suggest that strategy hasn't worked out to well for them.

As mentioned earlier, the pricing on these packs is hugely discounted - so you can have a low price, or a lot of choice. But not both.

Originally Posted by peekyIL
I'm interested in this feature, so I look it up. I don't see it from Audi.de, but I see in Audi.ch

Unlike USA, there are so many options to choose from in Europe...

The German configurator is a bit tricky at the moment, as Audi try to cope with their issues on Euro6C/6D-temp certification using WLTP. So you will see with the A5 there are 2018 and 2019 models shown, which have different engines and different options lists. You will see the auxiliary heating screenshot I posted under the 2018 A5 SB, but not the 2019 model.

The Swiss prices are higher than German prices, and I certainly didn't spend CHF/USD1850 (parity FX, but 8% tax in the CHF prices) for auxiliary heating. Cheaper for me to send the butler out with a couple of hot water bottles 10 minutes before I need to leave ...
Old 02-06-2019, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

By the way, I'm baffled at how limited the car configurator is in different countries. In Canada you don't get as many angles of your configuration interior and exterior as in the US. In some European countries if you configure an S5 you can't get any photos. But if you configure an A5, you can get this 3D visualization where you rotate it, open doors and trunk etc. Why can't they offer this here? Why fewer photo angles in Canada?
Old 02-07-2019, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Aumbatay
Anybody else having issues with their windows during this cold snap? Having a problem with getting windows to roll up all the way. I'm not sure if this is a motor issue so much as a window position sensor? The automatic lowering during door opening & closing is getting stuck in the slightly down position. With every subsequent open and close, the window lowers another quarter inch. Made the mistake of trying to lower the windows with the keyfob and then raise them back up with keyfob, and then both back windows got stuck in the down position.

Happened to me last winter during cold weather too, but seems to happen sporadically whenever the temp is even mildly cool with my driver side door, not just in the -21F we got today. Definitely more pronounced whenever its below freezing out. Attempted in the past to recalibrate windows by holding switches in up position, but that hasn't seemed to work.

I had though all along it was just my drivers side door, but now its happened on all 4 after today.
One more reason to get a coupe instead of a SB or 4 door.....only 2 possible windows to deal with. P.S. No issues on my 2018 RS5 Coupe.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update. Took it to the dealer and they said it was a software issue. Software update in for about a week now, no issues so far, even in cold weather. Also fixed my top-view camera issues. If I recall the version number is now 1316.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

I don't know if it's the same issue or unrelated, but I have an issue I call "dancing windows". Sometimes the window goes up when I press down, and sometimes it goes up when I press down.. Haven't been able to replicate it for the dealer and it doesn't happen all that often, but still annoying.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this 2019 A5 SB?
Old 04-24-2019, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just FYI, my wife has a 2018 q5, and had an issue this past January with the windows. Dealer said there was a tsb on it, and the motors had a recall and were to be replaced. No problems since. Maybe the same issue with yours. Cheers!