Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2008 Audi A5 6 Spd Won't Start!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Audi A5 6 Spd Won't Start!

Hello everyone, new member here!

I have a 08 audi a5 6 speed w/ 113k that suddenly stopped starting. Luckily i've been able to pop the clutch to get it running (when needed) but I need it fixed.

First time it happened was last week, I was leaving the barbershop and noticed my car wasn't starting. It doesn't even crank. Everything comes on. Lights, ac/heat fans fuel pump engages, etc. I thought maybe the fob battery was dead. I have a push start and the key fob ignition. Cut off the power, took the fob battery out and in, put it in the ignition and tried normal starting procedure and followed this a couple times and it finally started.

A few days later it happened again. Same problem. Everything came on but This time nothing I did before worked. I replaced the key fob battery, disconnected the battery, tried jumping it with a battery trickle charger/starter, checked fuses and relays,still nothing. Had to get a push and popped the clutch.

Since then the Car has been sitting in my driveway and only driven when needed by doing the same thing. There was no warning signs, and no factors leading up to this. Forums also don't seem to have much info on this.

There was never any indication the starter was going so i'm not sure if it's the starter? Crazy part is that the car runs amazing when it pop clutch starts but once i turn it off it doesn't start back up. Every time i try to start it there's never any cranking. Just the fuel pump kicking on, lights and temp blower fans coming on. no warning
lights on dash. I really have no idea what the problem is. I just hope that someone can please help me out with this :/

Old 06-19-2023, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D

Originally Posted by chriscarrionA5
Hello everyone, new member here!

I have a 08 audi a5 6 speed w/ 113k that suddenly stopped starting. Luckily i've been able to pop the clutch to get it running (when needed) but I need it fixed.

First time it happened was last week, I was leaving the barbershop and noticed my car wasn't starting. It doesn't even crank. Everything comes on. Lights, ac/heat fans fuel pump engages, etc. I thought maybe the fob battery was dead. I have a push start and the key fob ignition. Cut off the power, took the fob battery out and in, put it in the ignition and tried normal starting procedure and followed this a couple times and it finally started.

A few days later it happened again. Same problem. Everything came on but This time nothing I did before worked. I replaced the key fob battery, disconnected the battery, tried jumping it with a battery trickle charger/starter, checked fuses and relays,still nothing. Had to get a push and popped the clutch.

Since then the Car has been sitting in my driveway and only driven when needed by doing the same thing. There was no warning signs, and no factors leading up to this. Forums also don't seem to have much info on this.

There was never any indication the starter was going so i'm not sure if it's the starter? Crazy part is that the car runs amazing when it pop clutch starts but once i turn it off it doesn't start back up. Every time i try to start it there's never any cranking. Just the fuel pump kicking on, lights and temp blower fans coming on. no warning
lights on dash. I really have no idea what the problem is. I just hope that someone can please help me out with this :/

I'd you ever get this fixed? Exactly same thing happened to me no clue how to fix.