Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

A5 first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by elektrobank
Exactly! Guess I'm not alone. I can't drive by an A5 on the road without my head turning, it really is a gorgeous car. When I was just about to buy a new bimmer, I imagined myself seeing A5s passing me by on the street and kicking myself for not getting one. However, I just can't get over how cheap the interior looks and feels, which is what I see 90% the time. I'm just waiting for someone with an Accord to see the inside and laugh at me for how much I paid. When I went for the first drive, I was wowed by the looks and all the features, and didn't look at all the details.

Overall I like how it drives. When I test drove it, it seemed to drive even better than my Bimmer at first, but now that I'm driving it day to day, it's not nearly as fun to drive or as sporty.

I'm starting to get more used to the car and am really enjoying it, it's an amazing car, but in the long run I think I would have been happier with a 335. Luckily I only got a 36 month lease.
Wow! Now I'm thinking of ending it all.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly! Guess I'm not alone. I can't drive by an A5 on the road without my head turning, it really is a gorgeous car. When I was just about to buy a new bimmer, I imagined myself seeing A5s passing me by on the street and kicking myself for not getting one. However, I just can't get over how cheap the interior looks and feels, which is what I see 90% the time. I'm just waiting for someone with an Accord to see the inside and laugh at me for how much I paid. When I went for the first drive, I was wowed by the looks and all the features, and didn't look at all the details.

Overall I like how it drives. When I test drove it, it seemed to drive even better than my Bimmer at first, but now that I'm driving it day to day, it's not nearly as fun to drive or as sporty.

I'm starting to get more used to the car and am really enjoying it, it's an amazing car, but in the long run I think I would have been happier with a 335. Luckily I only got a 36 month lease.
Are you insane, hands down, Audi has better, more opulent, more polished interiors, if you are talking quality of interior, it's not even remotely close, Audi wins. Is BMW still using plastic wood? And I'm not talking but industry experts will ready tell you Audi is #1 when it comes to interior, especially, in terms of materials used.

I'm sorry, I can agree with you on road feel, and such, do you have the drive select and sports differential (you can actually fish tail a 4 wheel drive car such as A5's are now , as 90% of power can go to rear wheels (anyone)).

But, I'll give you BMW great driving cars, but I just can't respect your opinion if you are going to start making up stuff about interior appointments and quality build, that's something Audi has down flat and is known for.

People, readily think my S5 cost and looked like $100K+ car, especially, when there was so few on the road.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by acadia
Are you insane, hands down, Audi has better, more opulent, more polished interiors, if you are talking quality of interior, it's not even remotely close, Audi wins. Is BMW still using plastic wood? And I'm not talking but industry experts will ready tell you Audi is #1 when it comes to interior, especially, in terms of materials used.

I'm sorry, I can agree with you on road feel, and such, do you have the drive select and sports differential (you can actually fish tail a 4 wheel drive car such as A5's are now , as 90% of power can go to rear wheels (anyone)).

But, I'll give you BMW great driving cars, but I just can't respect your opinion if you are going to start making up stuff about interior appointments and quality build, that's something Audi has down flat and is known for.

People, readily think my S5 cost and looked like $100K+ car, especially, when there was so few on the road.
I agree 100% -- the A5/S5 interior is worlds ahead of my old 335.....there is no comparison...I dont know how the previous posters can knock the Audi interior...
Old 11-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Maybe it's just a matter of taste, most people I've had in my car so far have drooled over the interior as much as the exterior. I personally don't see it, but maybe it's just me, or that I'm so used to the BMW styling that I've been with for so many years. I'm sure I'll grow to love it. The more I've been driving the new car, the more I dig it, maybe I'm still adjusting.

Now if I could just get an updated MMI that looked like it was designed this century, or at least a way to create my own skins I'd be a happy man!

Originally Posted by u080570
I agree 100% -- the A5/S5 interior is worlds ahead of my old 335.....there is no comparison...I dont know how the previous posters can knock the Audi interior...
Old 11-22-2009, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Maybe it's just a matter of taste, most people I've had in my car so far have drooled over the interior as much as the exterior. I personally don't see it, but maybe it's just me, or that I'm so used to the BMW styling that I've been with for so many years. I'm sure I'll grow to love it. The more I've been driving the new car, the more I dig it, maybe I'm still adjusting.

Now if I could just get an updated MMI that looked like it was designed this century, or at least a way to create my own skins I'd be a happy man!
I'm driving a 335i now. The A5 interior is superior in EVERY way to my car. I can't believe there's even a discussion on this to be honest.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Maybe it's just a matter of taste, most people I've had in my car so far have drooled over the interior as much as the exterior. I personally don't see it, but maybe it's just me, or that I'm so used to the BMW styling that I've been with for so many years.
BMW interior styling? Or do you mean lack there of... LOL
My brother got a 750 and he even said, he's seen nicer Honda interiors.