Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Advise on 2010 Audi A5 Convertible Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Advise on 2010 Audi A5 Convertible Purchase

Hi - While I've been a lurker on this forum for a while,I have owned several BMW's over the past 15 years. My wife currently has a Q5 and I have an opportunity to pick up a 2010 A5 Convertible with the Quattro system as a daily driver for Florida. The car in question is a 1 owner car and has 95k miles. I've inspected the car and it appears to drive nice aside from squeaky brakes and it needs a wheel alignment. I've called the Audi dealership to verify the maintenance history and they told me the car had it's engine rebuilt a few years back because of the high oil consumption, but other than that, the car has been religiously maintained as per Audi's service schedule.. The car is nicely optioned with navigation, comfort access and driver's assist. I know the 2.0T engine is pretty reliable when maintained properly, but what else should I be aware of? I've had a few convertibles in my past and while I have been lucky not to encounter any serious problems with the soft tops, I was wondering whether there are any fundamental issue with Audi's design?

The guy is asking $9k and I was planning on offering $8k given the impeding 100k service will be due soon and the car will only come with 1 key.

Any input on suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Old 03-03-2019, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a 14 S5 cab and have been and others for 3 years. As far as the soft top, there are not many issues. The only one is on older vehicles, (10 is getting old), there are post regarding the rear glass separating from the fabric, There are some DIY methods for gluing it back, If the owner has it, I would get the wind blocker. It does a lot for cutting the wind through the cabin and particularly in cooler weather with the top down, windows up and heat on, you can keep it comfortable