Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi A5 2.7 TDI 2008 - Knocking Noise Over Small Pot Holes

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A5 2.7 TDI 2008 - Knocking Noise Over Small Pot Holes

Hi, I own a Audi A5 2.7 TDI 2008 and if you live in England depending which part you will know how many pot holes there are and how annoying this noise is getting for me.

Dramatically I have had this noise for 7 months now, each mechanic I have been to they replaced few things like bushes, they also replaced a arms they though it was gone but noise was still there so they replaced it back because my arms was all good and anything else there isn't much because everyone says all looks fine. You will hear the noise on front right side right at the back of wheel but if there are lots of pot holes or a very long uneven road you will hear it from middle under gearbox mostly and abit on left side behind wheel but as soon as you get on a smooth road it drives like a brand new car.

Few days ago i bought a wd40 fast drying contact cleaner to spray on my pads and discs because i just had them all replaced and they squeak, weirdly the squeaky noise gone away from pads but more weirdly about %90 of knocking noise i had for all that time goes away as well, you can barely hear anything, you need to listen very very carefully to hear it again and even then you can barely make out where that noise is from but after 2-3 days both noises come back, the squeaky noise from pads and the knocking noise that I always had.

Only one garage has recommended me to change all shock absorbers front and back and all front upper and lower arms, but i don't know why the guy doesn't recommend me a new car. Anyway while I try my best to get this problem sorts I hope someone knows what this issue could be.

PS. I also had that rubber top strut replaced and same issue.