Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Which ECU for 2.0?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ECU for 2.0?

So I've decided on the 2.0 instead of used s5.

What brand of ECU upgrades are available and what would you choose? My local Audi dealer is becoming a Stasis installer so that's obviously an option for me esp with the warranty intact. Are there other ECUs that offer more performance? And the big question is, is there a way to 'revert' the program to stock in case the car needs to be taken in w/o Audi knowing?
Old 08-31-2009, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

APR already has a software upgrade available for the 2.0T A5:
http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_up...sivl_long.html

The cost is $600, but I'm not sure what the installation fee would be on top of that at an APR authorized dealer. If you opt for their "Program Switching Technology", you can supposedly toggle between upgraded and stock software using the cruise control buttons. That would allow you to revert to stock mapping for dealer visits. Haven't seen any posts yet from someone who has gone ahead with the APR upgrade, but looking forward to hearing about the results.

Also read a post that Stasis will have their software upgrade available in a few months. Definitely interested to see how theirs compares to APR, as there are Stasis dealers in my area and voiding any warranty items would not be an issue with Stasis. May be interested in their anti-roll bar and exhaust options as well, so would be nice to have all mods coming from one tuner company.

I'm guessing AWE tuning will have software and exhaust options on the way as well, but have not seen anything yet.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

I pre-purchased the APR ECU upgrade today, since its the last day of their promotion for $599 for everything pkg. FYI, no installation fee for me, just paid $599 plus tax. They're going to flash the ECU on weds, but I'm going to leave it in Stock mode til I hit 1000 mile mark
Old 09-01-2009, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

nice.

kmjmrq, hurry and get the 1000 miles to tell us the results! hahaha
Old 09-02-2009, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

well I went to the shop to get the ECU flashed. Didn't happend, due to the APR is unaware of my code from their code. So the shop scanned the codes and send it up to APR so they can config program to flash my ECU. I guess its wait time (doesn't bother me since I wasn't going test out the ECU until I hit 1000 mile mark anyways)..
Old 09-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

do a road trip this weekend so you can tell us how the chip feels!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wgosling
APR already has a software upgrade available for the 2.0T A5:
http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_up...sivl_long.html

The cost is $600, but I'm not sure what the installation fee would be on top of that at an APR authorized dealer. If you opt for their "Program Switching Technology", you can supposedly toggle between upgraded and stock software using the cruise control buttons. That would allow you to revert to stock mapping for dealer visits. Haven't seen any posts yet from someone who has gone ahead with the APR upgrade, but looking forward to hearing about the results.
And most importantly, regarding those "dealer visits", USE YOUR LOCK OUT feature. Service managers are quick to cry foul and have been known to play with your cruise control stalk to see if you're "chipped". Especially since most of their service techs have chipped cars anyway! I have really enjoyed my dealership experiences and haven't had any complaints. I always switch to stock mode and lock it in place. Bought my A3 CPO'd and is lowered on Stasis coilovers, Carbonio intake, etc...standard tuner fare so I'm sure they suspect something. My service manager and the staff always comment, "That's a really nice car you have." However I think they get a kick out of reflashing my ECU due to a Technical Service Bulletin which wipes your tuner files. I'm really glad APR is right up the road from me.