Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Hey Guys New Audi Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What package level do the LEDs come on only the S?...its just not going to happen, the price is too steep. The reason is I would have to upgrade to the prestige package first just to even obtain the S-line package. This results in around $130 increase a month in my lease payment after all is said and done. I can't justify that, for bumpers that look minimally different, and LED lights (as bad as I want them)

However, since I can get the regular Sports Package on my Premium Plus, I can get the 19" Y-spokes and the upgraded suspension for a much more reasonable $20/mo, this is going to have to be the way it goes.

Also, the Sports package and the Titanium Package are the same price. Ironically the titanium package is the one which includes shadowline trim and blacked out grill, and a rim style I'm not too hot on. The regular sports package comes with the Y-spokes which I love and regular chrome window and grill trims. Any input on which is better, or pics to show me the difference better, having a hard time finding non-cartoon pics of the packages.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by iCeDmAn
What package level do the LEDs come on only the S?...
premium plus comes with the LED lights according to the audi.com website, but I will double check with the dealer tomorrow when I go in.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MonzaA5
American premium must be different from Canadian premium then. Over here, you can't even get an A5 without LEDs.

Omelet: we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Yeah, their (US) vehicles although similar to ours are different in some areas. They have a prestige model which we don't have. They have a titanium package which we don't have (can be purchased as separate special order options here though). Colors are similar but different as well (eg. they have Imola Yellow on the S4 and we have Aruba Blue Pearl on the A5).
Old 10-25-2010, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
Not trying to turn this into an argument but everyone's "feel" is different. Like you probably have, I have owned every kind of car: Triumphs, BMW, Caddy, Lexus, Jaguar, etc.

I find the stock A5 to be less comfortable than most of those models. The seats are OK, but not substantial, luxurious or even properly sized. They are just OK. I demo'd the S Line and thought it was too much. But everyone's opinion differs and it's something people have to demo and not order blindly
I agree... I just traded a 2010 Mercedes E350 Coupe for my 2011 A5 Prestige. There is no question in my mind that the Mercedes was more luxurious and comfortable - especially the seats! At the risk of incurring the wrath of everyone on this blog, I also think that it's a more beautiful vehicle. With that said, I traded it for the A5 because of the way it handles, as well as some of the cool features that it has, including the AWD and I like the fact that it gets better MPG than the Mercedes RWD. And of course, I also think that the A5 is beautiful, albeit it a more sporty, agressive way.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

I can guarantee that those of you complaining about A5 seats have regular (non-sport) buckets. And I agree that those are not particularly great and feel way to small. The sport seats, however, are a totally different matter!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well guys, although not all correct this thread definitely already helped a lot in my audi experience and made sure that I got everything I wanted in the car. Signed all the paperwork today and its a done deal.

Brilliant Black
Black Leather Interior
Premium Plus Package
Sports Package
Navigation

Manza, thanks for your advice but its seems like in the US everything on the S-line that you advocate for comes with the Sports package which was much more reasonable. Only a $20 increase a month in payments.

Sport Package includes:
Upgraded Sport Seats (not same as S-line but much better than stock)
19" Y-spokes with low profile high performance summer tires
Sport Suspension
Upgraded 3spoke steering wheel with paddles
-basically all I am missing out on is the S-line wheels and bumpers, I personally LOVE the Y-spokes, and I don't see a big difference in the bumpers.

LED daytime lights DO in fact come on the Premium Plus Model so I won't be missing out on this.

Thanks guys for all your help, if it wasn't for this thread there definitely would have been regrets on missed out options! Can't wait for delivery 8-12wks!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by iCeDmAn
Manza, thanks for your advice but its seems like in the US everything on the S-line that you advocate for comes with the Sports package which was much more reasonable. Only a $20 increase a month in payments.

Sport Package includes:
Upgraded Sport Seats (not same as S-line but much better than stock)
19" Y-spokes with low profile high performance summer tires
Sport Suspension
Upgraded 3spoke steering wheel with paddles
-basically all I am missing out on is the S-line wheels and bumpers, I personally LOVE the Y-spokes, and I don't see a big difference in the bumpers.

LED daytime lights DO in fact come on the Premium Plus Model so I won't be missing out on this.
Audi seems to have a very different pricing/options strategy for the Canadian market. Over here, the A5 comes with a lot more standard features, but the price of the "base" model is over $10K more. Audi doesn't even offer the regular sport package on the A5 anymore, as the S-line is available on every trim level and is only marginally more expensive.

Based on the above description the main difference between Sport and S-line is S5 bumpers and side skirts and alcantara upholstery (the sport package wheels are the same y-spokes that come with the S-line, to the best of my knowledge). While those features are nice, they are cosmetic in nature and are not must haves like the sport suspension and sport seats. So it seems like you're making a sensible compromise.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

I think you made the right decision. I traded an Infiniti M35S for my first A5. Test drove the base A5 without the sport package and was completely unimpressed. Drove an A5 S-Line and was sold! Even if you don't go S-Line, the Sport package with 19" wheels and sport seats should get you a great car. I loved my A5 S-Line so much I traded it for an S5 Cab.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MonzaA5
Audi seems to have a very different pricing/options strategy for the Canadian market. Over here, the A5 comes with a lot more standard features, but the price of the "base" model is over $10K more. Audi doesn't even offer the regular sport package on the A5 anymore, as the S-line is available on every trim level and is only marginally more expensive.

Based on the above description the main difference between Sport and S-line is S5 bumpers and side skirts and alcantara upholstery (the sport package wheels are the same y-spokes that come with the S-line, to the best of my knowledge). While those features are nice, they are cosmetic in nature and are not must haves like the sport suspension and sport seats. So it seems like you're making a sensible compromise.
The other S-line difference is that the headliner is black instead of the standard white/light gray. I liked the look of it, but since the OP went with a black/black combination already that probably would have been too much.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just got word from the dealer, arrives at port December 9th, should be at the dealer by the 2nd week in December

Quick Reply: Hey Guys New Audi Owner!