Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

I need HELP ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need HELP ASAP!

guys im ready to pull the trigger on a 2010 audi s5. I want white with black or red interior and the navigation package. The dealer offered me 56400 without tax and with tax 62k! i flipped and offered him 61k with audi care thrown in and he said no so i walked away. Can someone tell me what price i should be looking for with an s5 in white with the navigation pkg! i dont believe i should pay msrp and think this dealership was extremely rude and i will be not doing business with them! any help id really appreciate!
Old 09-06-2009, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

$56,400 is $525 off of MSRP (assuming you're looking at an automatic transmission), which isn't a great deal, but there doesn't appear to be too many great deals around on the S5. The amount of tax is outside the dealer's control, so that number is irrelevant.

I've seen posts from folks getting better deals on S5s, and some who haven't done much better than that offer. Perhaps you should try some other dealers.

Also, Audi Care is a cost to the dealer, not just free service from their service department. They have to pay Audi for the Audi Care package (dealer cost is $660). So if they throw it in they are really just lowering the price of the car.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Hobbes
$56,400 is $525 off of MSRP (assuming you're looking at an automatic transmission), which isn't a great deal, but there doesn't appear to be too many great deals around on the S5. The amount of tax is outside the dealer's control, so that number is irrelevant.

I've seen posts from folks getting better deals on S5s, and some who haven't done much better than that offer. Perhaps you should try some other dealers.

Also, Audi Care is a cost to the dealer, not just free service from their service department. They have to pay Audi for the Audi Care package (dealer cost is $660). So if they throw it in they are really just lowering the price of the car.
thanks hobbes i really appreciate the quick response. I do want automatic. He did offer 500 dollars off. What should i be looking for as a starting point? What amount over invoice? Does anyone know what invoice is on automatic with navigation pkg? thanks guys, i appreciate the help. Prob gonna go tues to a different dealer
Old 09-08-2009, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lax854
thanks hobbes i really appreciate the quick response. I do want automatic. He did offer 500 dollars off. What should i be looking for as a starting point? What amount over invoice? Does anyone know what invoice is on automatic with navigation pkg? thanks guys, i appreciate the help. Prob gonna go tues to a different dealer
Not sure where you're shopping, but best deal I could get in greater Phila area on a custom order was 1,700 over invoice, or that equated to about $2,300 off MSRP since there's about a $4,000 spread between invoice and MRSP. I have a fully loaded S5, with Tiptronic (apart from adapative cruise). $500 off MSRP is not a good deal at all. I would think you should at least be able to get 2.5%-3.5% off whatever MSRP the car is showing, depending on what options you get.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Save yourself some time and hassle and email all the dealerships in your area. Tell them what you want and see how low each one will offer their car. Pitting dealers against each other drives the price down.
Good luck.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SFV A4
Save yourself some time and hassle and email all the dealerships in your area. Tell them what you want and see how low each one will offer their car. Pitting dealers against each other drives the price down.
Good luck.
This is correct. I did it and it certainly worked for me. In the end, I had two dealers competing for my business - in effect lowering the price of the vehicle significantly. When all negotiations were finalized, I managed to shave close to $3k off of MSRP - inclusive of Audi Care.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lax854
You should also go here: www.truecar.com Enter your zip code, pick the make and model and configure the car the way you want it. After that it's pretty straight-forward about invoice vs. MSRP for your configuration. It will also give you a comprehensive view of local, regional, and national sale averages in various graphic formats to know if you're being taken for a ride (so to speak) or not. Hope this helps.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would also think there aren't too many white S5's around with a red interior and only the Nav package. Most will be optioned with a good bit more. If you're not flexible on your car's options there might not be too many vehicles that meet your criteria. In fact, all those dealers might be planning on trading for the same car if you buy from them.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

If northern NJ if not too far from you give Derek from Jack Daniel's Motorsport a buzz.