Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Mounting a European Plate on a N.A Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting a European Plate on a N.A Vehicle

Hello. I tried searching the forum for this but couldn't find the answer. I have a 2011 A5 (North American) on order and would like to mount a German license plate on it. The car comes with a plastic filler plate on the grill. I've seen a few pictures of Audis with German plates mounted on it and it appears to look as if the plate is flush with the surface of the panel (as opposed to just sitting on top of it).
The places that sell the license plates have a plastic (or metal) mounting bracket with various holes and slots in it so are you supposed to screw this onto the filler plate and mount the plate onto it or is there a place one can get a filler plate (I assume it would be made by Audi) that is specifically meant to mount a German/European plate? If so, where can one get one (my dealer didn't know). If you have mounted such a plate on your vehicle, I'd like to hear how you did it (or see pictures of it). Thanks so much.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a5_fanatic
Hello. I tried searching the forum for this but couldn't find the answer. I have a 2011 A5 (North American) on order and would like to mount a German license plate on it. The car comes with a plastic filler plate on the grill. I've seen a few pictures of Audis with German plates mounted on it and it appears to look as if the plate is flush with the surface of the panel (as opposed to just sitting on top of it).
The places that sell the license plates have a plastic (or metal) mounting bracket with various holes and slots in it so are you supposed to screw this onto the filler plate and mount the plate onto it or is there a place one can get a filler plate (I assume it would be made by Audi) that is specifically meant to mount a German/European plate? If so, where can one get one (my dealer didn't know). If you have mounted such a plate on your vehicle, I'd like to hear how you did it (or see pictures of it). Thanks so much.
Just remove your filler plate and you will see that the car came stock with the Euro plate mount underneath it. You only need another mount if you are using NA plates.

See link : https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ght=euro+plate

There are a lot of information in the archives, you can usually find the information you seek just by doing a guick search.

Last edited by Tifosi; 02-04-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tifosi
Just remove your filler plate and you will see that the car came stock with the Euro plate mount underneath it. You only need another mount if you are using NA plates.

See link : https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ght=euro+plate

There are a lot of information in the archives, you can usually find the information you seek just by doing a guick search.
Sweet! Thank you sooooo much. I must have been searching with all the wrong words or syntax because the link you posted didn't appear for me.