Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Ordering Color Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering Color Question

I am ordering my new A5. I currently have an A5 in Sahara Silver but everyone told me it looks like an old lady color! I don't want Black because I do have a life! Is the Deep Blue Pearl Effect going to be the same to keep up as the Black?? If so I may just pay extra and get the Dolphin or Daytona Grey. Any imput would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, DSB will be almost as bad as black as far as dirt/water spots/washing.

Why not look at another color like Ice Silver or Quartz Gray? They will hide dirt as well as Sahara Silver but are a bit sportier.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, that is what I thought. Other problem is I really want to keep the Cinnamon brown seats and they don't go with the grays.
Any thoughts on the Monza Silver Pearl effect over the Ice Silver?
Old 04-27-2009, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

monza silver is great if you like alot of blue in your silver. Why not white if your partial to the brown interior, and it's easy to maintain
Old 04-27-2009, 07:59 AM

Default Deep sea blue

Yep, deep sea blue gets dirty--but it's a dynamite combination with cinnamon upholstery. I wouldn't change either.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

I know this is an old topic, but I wouldn't give a damn what anyone said about the color of my car, especially in a car in itself is far from an old lady's car. I couldn't imagine an old lady driving something like an A5.

My current car is a Ford that's a tan color and I love it. It always looks clean and slick all year round and takes little to keep it clean.

If I bought an A5, I would definitely consider Teak Brown or Dakar Beige. I would recommend the Deep Blue Pearl, but I think it's too close a dark blue to almost Black.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Since color is a personal preference, I don't let other people's stereotypes affect what I like or don't like. I've seen a Sahara Silver A5 in person and it's one of the few beige-like colors that looks good. Can't speak for the Teak Brown, as it was sitting in a lot while I zipped by.

Even though I ended up getting an S5, I am disappointed that Audi decided to eliminate Aruba Blue from the 2011 A5 and A4 line up (it still exists as an option for the A4 Avant) and would be less of a pain to maintain than Deep Sea Blue. I have an A4 with Moro Blue, which has been a bear to keep up mostly when I don't have a luxury of a garage. I thought that it would have been easier to maintain than my black SHO, but that lasted for about two weeks.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by chupiechow
Thanks, that is what I thought. Other problem is I really want to keep the Cinnamon brown seats and they don't go with the grays.
Any thoughts on the Monza Silver Pearl effect over the Ice Silver?
Huh? Cinnamon Brown with Quartz or Meteor looks killer.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by chupiechow
I am ordering my new A5. I currently have an A5 in Sahara Silver but everyone told me it looks like an old lady color! I don't want Black because I do have a life! Is the Deep Blue Pearl Effect going to be the same to keep up as the Black?? If so I may just pay extra and get the Dolphin or Daytona Grey. Any imput would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!
Quartz Grey is classy and stay clean looking longer than any color

Old 12-24-2010, 09:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
Quartz Grey is classy and stay clean looking longer than any color

As far as the Grays go, Quartz is definitelyh my favorite.

Quick Reply: Ordering Color Question