Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

s5=Hot Blonde (kinda)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The things I do not like about the car I would not have been found out on a test drive. The seats are hard and not very good on long trips. The heated seats suck. The tip auto bogs down at slow speeds in town. Also these are the things I did not think I would miss that I have had on my other cars. I would like to have the seat belt presenter it is kinda hard to get the belt. I would like to have had remote start. Heated Wheel, Lighted door handles, power folding mirrors, head light high beam dimmer, cold seats, I think these are all things that should have come with a 60k+ car. I do like the car but it is something I do not see my self keeping for 2 or 3 years. And people have talked about the all wheel drive part of the car. Well I am sure it works great with the right tires but I should not have to spend 1k on a set of new tires for a car that I just paid 60 grand for. I would love to have had all seasons on the car. But anyways just my 2 cents Thank you all for the comments. The good and the Bad. That just shows the passion that some of you have for Audi. But as far as the re posting I have seen many re posts on here before. FYI about the wheel shutter and around 60 mph which by the way my car does not have.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with you on only of your points: the steering wheel is manually adjusted, no cold seats, no heated steering wheel, no soft closing. That's about it. In the market now, S5 is the best Coupe you can possibly get (unless you have enough money to get yourself into the new Bentley GT Speed then screw the S5)
Old 11-15-2009, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
The things I do not like about the car I would not have been found out on a test drive. The seats are hard and not very good on long trips. The heated seats suck. The tip auto bogs down at slow speeds in town. Also these are the things I did not think I would miss that I have had on my other cars. I would like to have the seat belt presenter it is kinda hard to get the belt. I would like to have had remote start. Heated Wheel, Lighted door handles, power folding mirrors, head light high beam dimmer, cold seats, I think these are all things that should have come with a 60k+ car. I do like the car but it is something I do not see my self keeping for 2 or 3 years. And people have talked about the all wheel drive part of the car. Well I am sure it works great with the right tires but I should not have to spend 1k on a set of new tires for a car that I just paid 60 grand for. I would love to have had all seasons on the car. But anyways just my 2 cents Thank you all for the comments. The good and the Bad. That just shows the passion that some of you have for Audi. But as far as the re posting I have seen many re posts on here before. FYI about the wheel shutter and around 60 mph which by the way my car does not have.

door handles are lighted, and yes, you are right the power folding mirrors should be an option, they wre standard in the US in 2008 S5's, but removed as option in 2009 and 2010, you can' still get them as an option in other countries, but the S5 cost alot more in other countries also, what the heck is headlight high beam dimmer, the truth of it is in the US audi limits options for their cars compared to other countries, but you can have S5 with many options outside of the US.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Audi is the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:18 AM
Former Vendor

E550? ............S5 w/ STaSIS Challenge Package!
________
yamaha wiki
Attached Images   

Last edited by jeff@stasis; 02-01-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

With all due respect, the E550 looks like something a hot blond with big ***** would be DRIVING. Nice car, but IMO very "doctor's wife", and the cut lines Audi used to make the A5/S5 so sexy just look forced on the new Benzes.

I love my A5 S-Line, think the interior is beautifully made, and although I agree on the overcomplicated button arrangement they can become second nature after driving it for a while. The driving experience is also great. In fact, I love the A5 so much I am trading it for an S5 Cab.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
As I posted in another thread: I own a 2010 s5 and I feel like a I am dating a really Hot Blonde chick with kinda big ***** ( not so fast v8). Looks really hot and will make you cream in your jeans everytime you look back at it in the parking lot. But she is lacking what really matters. I am really wishing I would have went for the MB E550 Coupe now that lady has it all. I think everyone loves this car, but it is not what you would bring home to your parents and tell them what you are paying for it. And as far as BMW goes, Audi by far has better interiors than bimmer. My cousin has a 2010 335i convertable and it just looks really cheap. I think I am going to trade my s5 next year for a MB E550 coupe. I just hope she dont take me for a ride when I go to divorce her (lol)
I prefer the S5 over any Mercedes except for the super high end AMG models such as CL63, SL65 and Black Series AMG cars. S5 beats all Mercedes in looks and performance for most part. Plus, the stigma of driving a Benz is that you are some old geezer over 60 or a gang banger.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Why in the world would you buy a $60K car without taking a test drive and thoroughly researching the features it does and does not have????? And then have the gall to complain about what you did in an Audi Forum????