Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Sick of the attention the car gets yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sick of the attention the car gets yet?

Any A/S5 owners out there sick of the attention your car brings on the road? I recently followed my father in his Bentley Flying Spur to dinner at a local restaurant and when we pulled in the valet parking lot people flocked to my car to take pictures and check it out and all but one old man(who asked what the "B" stood for, and my dad said Buick) failed to notice the Bentley parked in front of it. Felt good knowing I spent 30% of what he did but the attention(and questions) gets old. Makes me take the E coupe out more because it blends in with the MB and BMWs allover my area.
Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm not one to enjoy drawing attention to myself or my car, but this is truely not a bad problem to be dealing with.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow...E-Coupe & S5, and your dad has a Bentley....I want to change careers and do whatever you and your father do....LOL!

The S5 does get a lot of attention but so far I don't mind it. I enjoy seeing the excitement and enthusiasm people have when they see the car or approach me about it. Most people have been very courteous and friendly and just want to talk about the car and see it up close.

The kind of attention I don't like is the shenanigans some drivers will pull on the road to try and entice me into a race with them even though they are driving a car that has no chance.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

i don't get any of that "attention" in Canada, maybe Canadians don't give a crap?

I mean some do look but nothing like walking over and take pictures like its a celebrity
Old 02-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm also a bit perplexed at posters here who comment on all the attention their A5 gets. I've been driving mine around town for a couple months and it never turned any heads, much less have people flock around the car or ask me about it... and I'm surrounded by generic sedans and SUVs.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ViktoR6
I'm also a bit perplexed at posters here who comment on all the attention their A5 gets. I've been driving mine around town for a couple months and it never turned any heads, much less have people flock around the car or ask me about it... and I'm surrounded by generic sedans and SUVs.
Agree - I don't have an SD5, but I wonder where the OP lives. Where I live S5's, M3's, Astons. etc. are all over the place. No one would notice an S5 especially a red S5, which is not the best for it looking special or elegant. Maybe he had a hot lady in the passneger's seat??
Old 02-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Actually, I have a red S5 and get the same kind of thing. People coming up asking about it all the time, people taking pictures, etc. It's funny because I have a buddy with a phantom black S5, and he never hears anything. It must be the color. If I had known it would be like this, I probably would have gotten a different color, but it isn't the worst problem in the world.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Interesting - it could be the color. The type of person who comes up and bothers you about your ride might be attracted to red. Many people see red as "hot" - a lot of Ferrari's, Porsche's in Guards Red, etc. Perhaps those who gravitate toward buying or appreciating the more subdued colors keep their admiration to themsleves. As long as the Police don't come after you, enjoy the red if you like it. I personally like red on certain cars (even the A4 and S4), but for reasons I cannot really explain the S5's I've seen in red look softer or weaker than say, a Quartz S5 - don't like A6's in red either. To each their own I guess.

Last edited by irenesbob; 02-17-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It comes down to the area that you live in.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
Interesting - it could be the color. The type of person who comes up and bothers you about your ride might be attracted to red. Many people see red as "hot" - a lot of Ferrari's, Porsche's in Guards Red, etc. Perhaps those who gravitate toward buying or appreciating the more subdued colors keep their admiration to themsleves. As long as the Police don't come after you, enjoy the red if you like it. I personally like red on certain cars (even the A4 and S4), but for reasons I cannot really explain the S5's I've seen in red look softer or weaker than say, a Quartz S5 - don't like A6's in red either. To each their own I guess.
I drove a red Solara convertible with a sport package and I saw people eyeballing me all the time. Color does have an effect on people. I think the 5 is a stunning design yet my brother's silver S5 looks dull to me. My red car excites me and the last red S5 I saw was just awesome. Black is gorgeous on that body too.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Quick Reply: Sick of the attention the car gets yet?