Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

turn the car in, buy it, buy another S5 or RS5 - help appreciated please

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn the car in, buy it, buy another S5 or RS5 - help appreciated please

hey, well that was a quick run but the 3 years is almost up. car is a 2008 S5 > 6MT > Phantom Black > Black Leather > Carbon > Tech Package > Navigation. 35k. new dunlops 3k ago that I got from a guy in nyc 2.5 years ago, can't believe the tire wore that well. car has been flawless, minor clutch issue that was taken care of and that is about it. its been a very good LA car, comfortable, quiet, good tunes even without the b&o. I like the car very much. I went to the dealer and nothing really jumped out @ me on the new ones -- updated nav and some phone related stuff but that seemed like about it unless I am missing something. I am paying through the nose, ~$ 1230/month - christ, my s4 was $ 600/month but I love the car and was the first to get one so no complaints. have 2 payments left, car has to go back sometime in jan. residual is 33k. car is flawless overall. RS does not appear to come in a mt which is a real deal breaker, I don't care about lap times I have always had a stick, I think I would be lost without out one. don't know much about other cars as this is my 6th audi. mb holds no interest for me, ditto for bmw. gf is getting a 2012 911 or some sort so the sports car side of things will be taken care of. 33k seems like a bargain to step into this sort of car if I get it off lease. new car lease is 1k a month. dealer quoted 2k for a 6 year / 100k warranty on it. anyone else in the same boat? thoughts and comments most welcome

Last edited by S5LA; 10-09-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by S5LA
hey, well that was a quick run but the 3 years is almost up. car is a 2008 S5 > 6MT > Phantom Black > Black Leather > Carbon > Tech Package > Navigation. 35k. new dunlops 3k ago that I got from a guy in nyc 2.5 years ago, can't believe the tire wore that well. car has been flawless, minor clutch issue that was taken care of and that is about it. its been a very good LA car, comfortable, quiet, good tunes even without the b&o. I like the car very much. I went to the dealer and nothing really jumped out @ me on the new ones -- updated nav and some phone related stuff but that seemed like about it unless I am missing something. I am paying through the nose, ~$ 1230/month - christ, my s4 was $ 600/month but I love the car and was the first to get one so no complaints. have 2 payments left, car has to go back sometime in jan. residual is 33k. car is flawless overall. RS does not appear to come in a mt which is a real deal breaker, I don't care about lap times I have always had a stick, I think I would be lost without out one. don't know much about other cars as this is my 6th audi. mb holds no interest for me, ditto for bmw. gf is getting a 2012 911 or some sort so the sports car side of things will be taken care of. 33k seems like a bargain to step into this sort of car if I get it off lease. new car lease is 1k a month. dealer quoted 2k for a 6 year / 100k warranty on it. anyone else in the same boat? thoughts and comments most welcome
Did you look into the new Caddy CTS-V
Old 10-10-2010, 12:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buy a gun and a bullet.. and do yourself quick!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I did

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
Did you look into the new Caddy CTS-V
nice fast web site, lots of hp and mt = good, other than that I see a very ugly american sedan at least to my eyes. more interested in a boss 302 - loved my mustangs in a previous life
Old 10-10-2010, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default wow

Originally Posted by GuzmanA5
buy a gun and a bullet.. and do yourself quick!
very helpful thanks. what a ******.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Get at an S4. In Manual will be quicker than your S5. Also if you lease really good rates right now on S4's
Old 10-10-2010, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default hi

Originally Posted by 997C2S
Get at an S4. In Manual will be quicker than your S5. Also if you lease really good rates right now on S4's
when I was @ the dealer I looked @ an s4, just did not call to me. I had a 2005 s4 before the s5 and it was a great car but I the new body is not really doing it for me esp compared to the s5 and I really like the 8, like the mt just sort of used to it I guess. you have any time in the new s4?
Old 10-10-2010, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i'd agree that there's nothing out there (in this relative price range) that has the looks of the S5. But i did have an S5, and now have the B8 S4.

Loaded with S-troninc, and Drive Select, it is actually one helluva ride. I like the ride even more so than the S5.

If you are in the U.S. (you mentioned LA- not sure if that is Los Angeles or Louisiana...), the RS5 will not be out for another year--- thoughts on the time gap? Drive something else until the RS5 hits, if that is your route?
Old 10-10-2010, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default hey

Originally Posted by IAS5
i'd agree that there's nothing out there (in this relative price range) that has the looks of the S5. But i did have an S5, and now have the B8 S4.

Loaded with S-troninc, and Drive Select, it is actually one helluva ride. I like the ride even more so than the S5.

If you are in the U.S. (you mentioned LA- not sure if that is Los Angeles or Louisiana...), the RS5 will not be out for another year--- thoughts on the time gap? Drive something else until the RS5 hits, if that is your route?
thanks for the response, re your s5 why did you get rid of it and did you have a mt? tell me more about your s4, what exactly do you like more and have you done anything to it? they were say 6/11 for the RS but again I don't know about giving up an mt but man that car is nice
Old 10-10-2010, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

At 33k residual, I would just negotiate for a bit and buy off the car. That would 1. earn back a couple thousand selling the car myself 2. buy more time in search for a new one. Buying another S5 isn't gonna do it for you. The new RS5 isn't gonna be available anytime soon. Since your gf is buying a 911, have you looked into the new Porsche Cayanne? I love the new redesign, very sporty yet elegant. The new A/S4 isn't doing it for me either. The front looks great (bc it's the same as the A/S5) but the rear is way too disappointed.

Quick Reply: turn the car in, buy it, buy another S5 or RS5 - help appreciated please