Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Unexpected "delivery"

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unexpected "delivery"

Hi All,

So I am now 4 weeks into the ownership of my 2011 S5 Cabrio, fully loving it as I was fortunate to get my hands on a vehicle which is near flawless in every aspect especially considering the age. I purchased it from a used car dealer in town known for honest, good service. Late last week I got a call from the owner advising me he had a "package" containing some items for my car which were sent by the original owner of my new Audi. I stopped by the dealer to collect and was surprised to find a nearly new black vinyl front cover (protector?) in addition to a very heavy box containing the original suspension parts of the vehicle in great condition. The car is lowered but I was not aware that it has an aftermarket suspension installed. The box looks to be the one that contained the suspension upgrade as it was shipped from Germany.
Now here is my question; what should I do with the suspension parts just gifted to me?. I have no use for them, yet alone space to store them. Do they have any value?. I have zero clue if these parts would be in demand as OEM parts or are better off recycled as scrap metal / junk??. I am not looking to make $$ here, judging by the weight over all, shipping it would not be cheap (I'm outside Vancouver BC Canada).

What do you think??

2011 S5 Cabrio original shocks and coils

Old 02-22-2022, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 288 Likes on 233 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VancouverAudiclub

Join up with this group - you might find a local buyer looking for original replacement parts.
Old 03-01-2022, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Audi4Fun
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VancouverAudiclub

Join up with this group - you might find a local buyer looking for original replacement parts.
I did join the group and posted the box. I ended up "donating" it to a fellow Audi owner in exchange for a load of good karma, hoping he will pay my "randon act of kindness " forward. In reality, I did not pay it and it was not mentioned as a part of my purchase.

Thanks for your reply!!

Claus