Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Voice command in the S5 Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sfy1505
ppdix:

I am interested in your 2011 S5 cab order as I am considering doing the same. What changes are they making to the 2011's? Did you get a copy of the 2011 ordering guide? When is the scheduled production date?

sfy1505
Hi, I really don't know the differences between 2010 and 2011... Even the dealer didn't know much. All I saw is a sheet of paper with the available packages but they couldn't even give me a price...
We calculated the $70K price tag from the 2010 model but they said it won't change much.
As far as production date, I should get the car at the end of July.
Cheers

Patrick
Old 05-18-2010, 04:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone in the Toronto Area with the VAG-tool can help me get the voice commands working on my 2010 S5 Cab?

thanks.

PM me.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4,092 views! WOW! so has his question been answered yet?
Old 05-19-2010, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by spaniardone
whats how many views matteR?
Old 05-19-2010, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by spaniardone
It's not a question of if the subject matter has been discussed enough, but rather there is a LOT of interest in making Voice Command available in the Cabriolet. Maybe Audi should take heed and at least make it a factory option rather than making us figure it out.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AUDIQSS
It's not a question of if the subject matter has been discussed enough, but rather there is a LOT of interest in making Voice Command available in the Cabriolet. Maybe Audi should take heed and at least make it a factory option rather than making us figure it out.
I bitched and moaned to the dealership, to Audi of America and to Audi Customer care. They finally threw in the towel and REFUNDED $5400.00 that I paid for the Prestiege package!

As Jesus said: "Go thou and do likewise."
Old 05-26-2010, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bigdog470
I bitched and moaned to the dealership, to Audi of America and to Audi Customer care. They finally threw in the towel and REFUNDED $5400.00 that I paid for the Prestiege package!

Somehow I doubt we all can get this refund

But congrats - I am sure for $5,400 you can have a very good handsfree bluetooth setup installed. Along with new rims, tires, clearbra and gas for a while
Old 05-27-2010, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bigdog470

The first responder to this post missed the beauty (and the irony of this post. With the $5400 he can spend a couple of hundred on Vag-Com and turn Voice Command on himself. I did and it works well even with the top down.

I don't know what Audi is thinking. As part of the 5,000 mile first service (free might I add) they could easily reprogram the Voice Command to work. It would cost them nothing and make every one happy. I have yet to read or hear a single valid reason from Audi for not having Voice Command. The noisy eviornment of the Cabriolet argument doesn't cut the mustard. Afterall, a wife and two kids all screaming at the driver at the same time in a sedan is probably even noiser (and don't tell me THAT never happens).
Old 05-31-2010, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

AUDIQSS, did you do the Vag-Com yourself or hire someone to do it? If you did it yourself, I'd appreciate your advice on how trouble-free it was. I'm pretty comfortable with computer applications, but I'm nervous that I could screw up some other settings accidentally. Do you think that is worth worrying about, or if I can afford the $200, should I just buy Vag-Com and take care of it myself?

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2010, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I did the Vag-Com myself. Yes, it is possible to mess things up, but if you follow the primary "rule" of Vag-Com it is hard to do so. The rule is, "Before you make any changes, write down the current coding." Therefore, no matter what you do, you can always reset the coding to the original if you some how mess up.

As far as actually doing it, see entry #87 in this thread. Those are the exact steps I took in recoding the module to activate Voice Commmand. Besides Voice Command there are many other adjustments one can make to their vehicle. Research Vag-Com on the various forums and you will soon see the many things you can do. Also ask around on the forums to see if anyone near you has a Vag-Com and can either help to do it or show you the steps. Good luck (and it doesn't even require luck, just some common sense and the ability to follow simple directions)!!

Quick Reply: Voice command in the S5 Cabriolet