Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Voice command in the S5 Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdog470
The local Audi dealer installed a Parrot voice operated telephone system. It seems to be working OK. They did foot the bill for this item. It's good but it's not the whole enchalada
I understand that it is not as good as what the factory system should have been.

However I am glad that your dealership and AoA were able to work something out to find a solution for you.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DavidRS4
I understand that it is not as good as what the factory system should have been.

However I am glad that your dealership and AoA were able to work something out to find a solution for you.
I spoke too soon! The Parrot died on Friday! I think it is probably a loose wire.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

i totally feel the same way and appeal to any member with a vag com in nj who could help me out
Old 05-04-2010, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default vag-com

anyone or business in nj that will change the codes for me?
Old 05-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I spoke too soon! The Parrot died on Friday! I think it is probably a loose wire.
I've got a guy coming over tomorrow who is going to use the vag-com and activate my voice command. More to come.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default great news

I've got a guy coming over tomorrow who is going to use the vag-com and activate my voice command. More to come.
how did you go about finding a technician with the vag-com. i could buy it on ebay with software disk for 120 or from ross with registered internet software for 329 any thoughts?
Old 05-05-2010, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default the language problem solved

Originally Posted by drscho
Recent post by AUDIQSS

"Today I finally got Voice Command to work in my 2010 S5 Prestige Cabriolet.
Here is what I did:

Step 1: Using Vag-Com:
A. Go to Electronics2
B. Go to Module 5F
C. Open Long Coding
D. Change the last five digits to read …… 10000
(For example: 01010001010681ED01002B1E000000010000)
E. Do It
F. Back out of Vag-Com

Step 2: Change Language (Using MMI):
A. Setup
B. Select -- Settings
C. Select -- Menu Language
D. Change to Spanish/French/etc.
E. Return to English and Voice Command should work.

Now in practice you may have to change language several times before it activates Voice Command. I, in fact , tried a number of different times without success. Here is what I did most recently and it finally worked.
After finishing Step 1, I changed to Spanish using the MMI. I then shut the car down and left it overnight. I then started the car and while driving I used Step 2 to change to French and then to English. At that point I tried the Voice Command button and it WORKED. Amen Brother.

As others have said and I will repeat: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU DO WITH OR TO YOUR CAR. THE ABOVE "INSTRUCTIONS" ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. "

i disagree with step two. this seems to hit or miss. the brits on their a5 owners forum have refined this step. read my post and their answer woith regard to the language thing

Originally Posted by mharris561@aol.com
mark figured that your scrolling through the hidden menu languages did the trick. how did you access the hidden menu to perform the scroll? maybe you could edit your original excellent post with the images to add this step so that the fact of doing the scroll is not lost to future readings of your soon to a classic post
Yes that's right.
To enable the hidden menu follow the instructions here: http://trick77.com/2009/07/23/unlock...g-hidden-menu/

After you've followed Fuzzb's excellent instructions earlier in this thread, you'll need to access the hidden menu and in the main menu click config and then click the "Language SDS" and possibly "Visible Language" / "Language Navi TTS" tabs. I clicked on a few items so not really sure which are absolutely necessary.
No changes are possible, but without the above actions, SDS voice control will not be activated.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Remote top operation

Hi, I just ordered a 2011 S5 Cabrio Prestige, Driver Select, Comfort... I was test driving the car today and the salesman broke the news that there was no voice commands on the convertibles... I am disappointed and pissed off. Luckily I found your post and will try to find someone to do it for me when I get the car in 3 months.
One question though. Do u know if the soft top can be operated remotely? I currently drive a BMW 335 convertible and it is one of my favorite features.
Thanx in advance.

Patrick
Old 05-07-2010, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Yes, you can remotely operate the top, but it requires an aftermarket module. Check out mods4cars.com. Its called SmartTOP and you need model "STLFA12" I got one for my 2010 S5 Cabriolet and installed it myself. It was relatively easy; just take your time and think about what you are doing. The great thing is that it uses the remote you already have and works as though Audi itself had put it in the car.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Voice command

Originally Posted by mharris561@aol.com
how did you go about finding a technician with the vag-com. i could buy it on ebay with software disk for 120 or from ross with registered internet software for 329 any thoughts?
The guy who came over had a vag-com. He was able to go through the steps outlined before. The change did not occur until the next morning. I switched from english to french and back and presto, the voice command is now activated. I can give you a name and number. Where do you live?

Quick Reply: Voice command in the S5 Cabriolet