Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

It’s the little things...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

When driving at high speeds in the rain (wipers are on), the car will apply brakes periodically in the background (you won't feel it) to remove the water from the brakes to ensure maximum braking when needed.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The little things

Got my first A4 in 2009 and for years after every so often a new situation would come up and you realize that they already had thought of it. Sometimes it was a simple thing like dropping a coin in the slot of the center console and dragging it with your finger to the back which was angled and smooth to permit an easy retrieval.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had a few Audi vehicles and I always wondered why the markings on the signal stock and wiper stock don't illuminate. I guess it's because they are obstructed by the steering wheel spokes.

On the A5, the cruise control stock is illuminated now, which is a nice touch. When you turn on cruise, by pulling stalk forward, other settings illuminate.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Discovered that when sitting at a light or stopped with foot on the brake for a bit
just pull tab up for parking brake car locks in place,now just a gentle touch on throttle and move off the brake releases so smoothly I use it a lot now ,
try it once and you'll see how nice a feature .....perhaps unintended?
its hydraulic as your can feel movement in the pedal as it accuates
a lot like a anti roll back feature that a lot of cars have with a line lock in brake system somehow
my BMWGS1200 bike has hill rollback system that with a squeeze off front brake at a stop. will lock you in place,I use it constantly

Old 11-29-2018, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Trade_it_all_4_more
Illuminated door handles (outside).

Love the volume control next to the shifter.
Never noticed door handle light, but then, I bought it in the spring, and haven't been doing much night driving yet.
Physical controls for volume and other stuff that can be operated by feel. So much better than having to browse through menus on a touch screen trying to change the fan speed or radio volume.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jaywojick
how did you get the parking brake to set itself? Mine does do that.
I'd just as soon have it not do that. Less wear and tear on one of the many motors in this car. (My first car had TWO electric motors in, it, the starter, and the heater blower. And, the whole wiring diagram fit on one page
Old 11-29-2018, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Artieb
Discovered that when sitting at a light or stopped with foot on the brake for a bit
just pull tab up for parking brake car locks in place,now just a gentle touch on throttle and move off the brake releases so smoothly I use it a lot now ,
Yup, use it all the time at long lights (and most of the lights near me are enabled in the Audi Connect traffic light info, so makes it easy to decide when to activate it)
Old 12-01-2018, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Artieb
try it once and you'll see how nice a feature .....perhaps unintended?
its hydraulic as your can feel movement in the pedal as it accuates
a lot like a anti roll back feature that a lot of cars have with a line lock in brake system somehow
my BMWGS1200 bike has hill rollback system that with a squeeze off front brake at a stop. will lock you in place,I use it constantly

If your car has DAP you can engage it once the car has come to a stop and the car will hold the brakes (with the brake lights on), and then once you tap the gas DAP will keep the car at the speed you set (the default is 20 mph, but can be set higher as you are waiting for the light to change). I use this all the time over the parking brake you mentioned.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
If your car has DAP you can engage it once the car has come to a stop and the car will hold the brakes (with the brake lights on), and then once you tap the gas DAP will keep the car at the speed you set (the default is 20 mph, but can be set higher as you are waiting for the light to change). I use this all the time over the parking brake you mentioned.
whats “DAP”?
Old 12-01-2018, 01:50 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbone323

whats “DAP”?
Driver's Assistance Package

Quick Reply: It’s the little things...