Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2018 S5 Sportback Front Grille

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
Now that the B9 RS5s are hitting the dealers, wouldn't the OEM grill be a better bet given all these issues with the cameras/sensors? Probably will be expensive but wouldn't that be a direct replacement, plug and play affair?
New to Audi, is that something Audi offers or is that from a vendor thing? With all the issues, I'd probably go that way too.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts

There are plenty of threads, discussing both the various versions available now (ebay, alibaba, AG Autohaus, etc) and individuals who've posted about their installs (freesole, breedas, trenton937). NONE have proven to be plug-n-play. NONE have accepted the front camera without modification. FEW have worked without modifying (notching) the crash bar.

As for OE RS5 grille, supposedly someone in Europe tried early on and it wasn't the same fitment. Apparently it's slightly wider and taller to accommodate the RS5s different front facia.

My car, with front camera (Prestige/DAP) and right-angle sensors. All driver aids function as factory ...

Old 03-26-2018, 01:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto . What Rob O said. Installed mine with crash bar mod (small cut outs for grill sensors). Front camera bracket modification required. Working fine but not as "advertised" by the seller.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob O
As for OE RS5 grille, supposedly someone in Europe tried early on and it wasn't the same fitment. Apparently it's slightly wider and taller to accommodate the RS5s different front facia.
Bummer....
Old 03-26-2018, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Think I've been in every thread and talked to every supplier, theyre all the same (except the alibaba one), the question is, would Audi offer a honeycomb replacement grill?
Old 03-30-2018, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Talked to a Xenonz representative and they've posted their custom grille on their webstore here:
Audi A5 / S5 2016+ front grill "Full honeycomb mesh design"

They've assured me that this will fit out of the box, at least for the parking sensors. Camera compatibility is unknown AFAIK, but irrelevant to me as I opted for the PPlus.

I was too impatient to wait for any other reputable manufacturers to supply an unmarked grille, so I pulled the trigger on this one. The shipping and fees add up...hope the duties are light.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heard the RS5 Sportback is out this year? If so that grille would be a direct fit for the S5 Sportback??
Old 03-30-2018, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00I00
Talked to a Xenonz representative and they've posted their custom grille on their webstore here:

They've assured me that this will fit out of the box, at least for the parking sensors. Camera compatibility is unknown AFAIK, but irrelevant to me as I opted for the PPlus.

I was too impatient to wait for any other reputable manufacturers to supply an unmarked grille, so I pulled the trigger on this one. The shipping and fees add up...hope the duties are light.

Heard the RS5 Sportback is out this year? If so that grille would be a direct fit for the S5 Sportback??
Old 03-30-2018, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by cycomoon
Not if what Rob O says is true about the RS models having a different size grill...
Old 03-30-2018, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 00I00

Spoke to place in N NJ and they have used this grill and said it went in without any issues (no camera)

Quick Reply: 2018 S5 Sportback Front Grille