Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

A5/S5 non Audi Virtual Cockpit images/video

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jamis
Also keep in mind that if you go for the VC/nav package, the main MMI display is upgraded to an 8.3" display on the center dash.

If you get the standard gauges, the main MMI display is only 7.0".
Yes correct. But seeing the 7" in person vs the 8.3" is not that big of a difference.

It's a big price add on when navigation is just such a wasted feature now for most people since they have a smart phone. The MMI touch is nothing that major to have.

So then you are paying for digital gauges & a slightly larger screen for $2k+ and we don't know what the lifespan of the digital screen for the gauges are.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
That manual is no joke at 400 pages! I spent quite a while going over it using a SB VIN.

Thank you.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Spartan-S5
Yes correct. But seeing the 7" in person vs the 8.3" is not that big of a difference.

It's a big price add on when navigation is just such a wasted feature now for most people since they have a smart phone. The MMI touch is nothing that major to have.

So then you are paying for digital gauges & a slightly larger screen for $2k+ and we don't know what the lifespan of the digital screen for the gauges are.
Some would say they want the Nav to be on screen rather than using their phone. That's my gripe with the old MMI, it's so clumsy I'd rather use my phone, that won't be the case with this update.

These are $50-60K cars we're talking about. If I'm spending that much I'm getting the latest and greatest tech Audi has to offer. To each his or her own of course.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan-S5

I look at it a little differently.

I actually am surprised that more dealers/people are not ordering the Prestige package. A base S5 Coupe with no options at all runs just over $56K. Adding the Prestige package adds $4,400 to it, but for that you get the B&O Sound System, Heads Up Display, Navigation/Technology package (with the virtual cockpit), interior lighting package AND the top view camera system.

Seems to me that for just under 8% of MSRP, the Prestige package adds a lot of value and I can't imagine that too many people looking to by a $56K car would be saying that that extra $4,400 puts the car out of range for them.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by heisnuts
I look at it a little differently.

I actually am surprised that more dealers/people are not ordering the Prestige package. A base S5 Coupe with no options at all runs just over $56K. Adding the Prestige package adds $4,400 to it, but for that you get the B&O Sound System, Heads Up Display, Navigation/Technology package (with the virtual cockpit), interior lighting package AND the top view camera system.

Seems to me that for just under 8% of MSRP, the Prestige package adds a lot of value and I can't imagine that too many people looking to by a $56K car would be saying that that extra $4,400 puts the car out of range for them.
Well all those things are really just premium luxuries that many could do without.

Like for me, the lighting package, top view camera, HUD are not worth the extra premium. I'd rather put that to the Sport package or Black optic package.

And for some, just because you're buying a 55K car doesn't mean you arent choosy about throwing your money away and on what features.