Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Audi Care Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

If you are leasing the car, it makes sense because it also gives you a 1% residual bump.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scroll down a little in this link, it lists everything covered by Audicare. Surprisingly rotating the tires is NOT covered (only checking for wear and adjusting the pressure).

2017 Audi Care & Audi Care Select | Audi library

As far as the residual value versus cost on a lease, it does bump RV by 1% if you buy Audicare. I did a calc and for my deal the payment would go up about $10/mo with increased RV and adding $865 to the gross cap cost. So it's a pretty negligible adder onto a monthly payment that's already in the $800 range.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:05 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,379 Posts

After buying a case of the Audi spec’d oil to “top off” the engine between changes, the cost of the AudiCare was a an easy decision for me. I’ve purchased my S5 and keep cars for a looong time, so knowing I won’t have to pay for an oil change for 60,000 miles made sense.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by gtmiller1001
Scroll down a little in this link, it lists everything covered by Audicare. Surprisingly rotating the tires is NOT covered (only checking for wear and adjusting the pressure).

2017 Audi Care & Audi Care Select | Audi library

As far as the residual value versus cost on a lease, it does bump RV by 1% if you buy Audicare. I did a calc and for my deal the payment would go up about $10/mo with increased RV and adding $865 to the gross cap cost. So it's a pretty negligible adder onto a monthly payment that's already in the $800 range.
An increase in residual takes your payment down....
Old 07-26-2018, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by A4in757

bump.
i sent you a PM
Old 07-26-2018, 05:10 PM
HA / KC / EЯ

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

I was able to get my dealer to 8% off MSRP plus Audi Care included, with a car that I spec'd and they had to find and ship in.

Last edited by hevnsnt; 07-26-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
payment goes down if residual goes up and total dollars of the deal does not change

AudiCare has a cost - deal dollars goes up as a result of this cost. But, since AudiCare is "residualized" just like the car is, payment only goes up incrementally.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

For all your discount seekers...

On the forum, members said Audi USA sends an email with a $100 off code for Audi Care. I waited and 3 months after purchasing my car, I got the email with the code. I called up the dealer I bought the car and purchased for $769 ($100 off). The person who handled my transaction had not seen this before so I had to forward the email to him with the promotion and code. He said it was a great deal as there is not much profit in the Audi Care for the dealer. He said markup was $50 dollars (whether true or not...). It did not matter that I had taken my car out of the state I had purchased from - the transaction was done over the phone.

I bought it because the DSG transmission flush and maintenance is so expensive and it is covered so the rest of the services become pretty cheap. If you have a manual transmission, may not be as good of a deal.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by caranddriver
For all your discount seekers...

On the forum, members said Audi USA sends an email with a $100 off code for Audi Care. I waited and 3 months after purchasing my car, I got the email with the code. I called up the dealer I bought the car and purchased for $769 ($100 off). The person who handled my transaction had not seen this before so I had to forward the email to him with the promotion and code. He said it was a great deal as there is not much profit in the Audi Care for the dealer. He said markup was $50 dollars (whether true or not...). It did not matter that I had taken my car out of the state I had purchased from - the transaction was done over the phone.

I bought it because the DSG transmission flush and maintenance is so expensive and it is covered so the rest of the services become pretty cheap. If you have a manual transmission, may not be as good of a deal.
Our cars do not have the DSG transmission anymore. Audi went to a ZF based 8 speed transmission that do not require servicing during the 5 year/50,000 mile Audi Care contract period. However, since it will be covering 4 oil changes, 2 brake flushes, a couple engine and cabin A/C filers, and spark plug replacement I still think the contract makes a lot of sense if you plan on keeping the car at least 5 years/50,000 miles.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
You are correct, increased RV does decrease your payment on a lease. And the addition of $865 to capitalized cost takes it up. I ran the math and the net effect is a slight increase in payment. My point was just that: payment does go up but it's a negligible increase and you get so much included with Audicare that it's definitely a good adder.

Quick Reply: Audi Care Service