Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Auto Hold Button Installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Success!!

So I got it installed thanks to this thread My Only issue which is minor is the light illuminates at night but there is a slight flicker to it. Might need to tap into the main parking brake illumination wire. But overall 10/10, I can now give my foot a rest

As you can see the auto hold is now functional on the cockpit

Button Installed and functioning correctly
Old 07-10-2021, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have two of the auto hold buttons available if anyone wants it, $75 shipped. Bought for my cars, but sold both vehicles before they arrived.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks to everyone in this thread. I just got this retrofit installed on my B9 A4. Everything works great and no faults. I used an OBDII to code. Bought my button from eBay ($40) and wiring kit from AliExpress ($15). The most stressful and difficult part was removing all of the trim panels. If you have a storage compartment to the left of the steering wheel you have two remove two additional bolts behind the storage compartment door to take the kick panel out. Overall it took me around 4-5 hours but that was partially due to working in an apartment building garage with barely any light and people walking around me.
Old 11-13-2021, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Emergency light on

Hello, so I just installed the button and it works but the emergency communication light is on all the time now. Any idea what I did wrong?

Old 01-04-2022, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like everyone else are saying that start/stop ignores if Auto Hold is engaged or not. Once you take your foot off the break pedal, the engine will restart. Is that not the case for your car? The only reason that I haven't done mine is due to this.
Old 01-04-2022, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by paradyne
The stop/start and hill hold work just fine together. The engine will restart as you depress the accelerator rather than when you release the brakes.
Looks like everyone else are saying that start/stop ignores if Auto Hold is engaged or not. Once you take your foot off the break pedal, the engine will restart. Is that not the case for your car? The only reason that I haven't done mine is due to this. Or is this just a coding issue?
Old 01-04-2022, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jasonz1121
Looks like everyone else are saying that start/stop ignores if Auto Hold is engaged or not. Once you take your foot off the break pedal, the engine will restart. Is that not the case for your car? The only reason that I haven't done mine is due to this. Or is this just a coding issue?
I did more search about this. It looks like it's due to the region. European models have the auto start/stop function work with auto hold and ACC while the North American models don't. Again, wonder if this can be solved by coding.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,192 Likes on 929 Posts

I did more search about this. It looks like it's due to the region. European models have the auto start/stop function work with auto hold and ACC while the North American models don't. Again, wonder if this can be solved by coding.
i would like auto-hold but dont wan't to lose auto start stop. keep us posted if you can find out how to code it to keep auto s/s active w/ an auto brake hold retrofit stateside
Old 01-04-2022, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi,

After installed, the emergency button seems to be disabled or at least the SOS light is always on in the dash. Any idea? The button works great.

Old 01-09-2022, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by morinfrancis
Hi,

After installed, the emergency button seems to be disabled or at least the SOS light is always on in the dash. Any idea? The button works great.

It could be due to the backup battery. I've seen a a fault of backup battery in vcds today. See this TSB: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...44649-9999.pdf. Basically you need to pull the 2 mentioned fuses for gateway for 7 times to make it be able to charge the backup battery again.

Quick Reply: Auto Hold Button Installation