Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Extended Term protection worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Rius
I'll be driving a lot, ~13-15k miles/year however about 12k of those miles will be pure highway miles since i drive ~70 miles round trip to work on highway. I guess you got quoted some much better prices than what chicago_marketing got quoted.
yes but he has an RS 5 SB.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Good point so I'm sure his will be more expensive. I don't expect to be wearing my breaks down in 4 years and it sounds like I can't just ask for the brakes/rotors to be replaced so my decision to not get the extended term coverage will stay. Good info being shared throughout this thread!
Old 02-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

So I ended up purchasing an Audi Pure Protection warranty from Troy at FD-Warranty and he's been great and their price can't be beat.

Now for Audi Care which I purchased with the car from my dealer, am I supposed to get anything in the mail from Audi or does it just get linked to my VIN in the Audi database? All I have so far is a line item on my Sale contract.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by MH62
So I ended up purchasing an Audi Pure Protection warranty from Troy at FD-Warranty and he's been great and their price can't be beat.

Now for Audi Care which I purchased with the car from my dealer, am I supposed to get anything in the mail from Audi or does it just get linked to my VIN in the Audi database? All I have so far is a line item on my Sale contract.
Its just tagged in their system.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rius
That's interesting the prices they are charging you is different than what I got quoted from my dealership. Maybe it's because you have an RS5 vs S5? I don't have the ability to post a screenshot right now but I was quoted $1989.00. The brochure also states that "as the part wear out, they will be replaced", which to me implies the pads will need to be actually worn out before they replace them unless the dealership is being sketchy and just misreports their numbers.

Glad for all the information coming out on this so far, definitely makes me more skeptical of getting any extended warranties/coverage from dealerships.
Hello Audi Friends!

As someone who is new to Audi World and Audi ownership, I'll do my best to make myself helpful

I purchased a 2018 S5 SB with about 7000 miles this weekend and was presented with many of these options as well. My ride was certified and included Audi Care coverage (originally bought for $995 last May, valued at about $4200). Finance guy pitched me all these additional options but with a little negotiation offered and I agreed to purchase the Term Care for $1495, discounted from $1695. He also offered to discount ceramic type of coat (they call it something else) from $995 to $595. So there is negotiation room in these products. He explained that the real value in the Term Care is the brake and rotors, which in an S4 run about $2400 in the Chicago area, as well as the replacement key. I have 30 days to cancel it. Hope this helps!
Old 02-11-2019, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SVs5
Hello Audi Friends!

As someone who is new to Audi World and Audi ownership, I'll do my best to make myself helpful

I purchased a 2018 S5 SB with about 7000 miles this weekend and was presented with many of these options as well. My ride was certified and included Audi Care coverage (originally bought for $995 last May, valued at about $4200). Finance guy pitched me all these additional options but with a little negotiation offered and I agreed to purchase the Term Care for $1495, discounted from $1695. He also offered to discount ceramic type of coat (they call it something else) from $995 to $595. So there is negotiation room in these products. He explained that the real value in the Term Care is the brake and rotors, which in an S4 run about $2400 in the Chicago area, as well as the replacement key. I have 30 days to cancel it. Hope this helps!
Good to know there's room to negotiate on this although I guess this should be expected. After thinking about it some more I still don't think I'm going to get the term protection just because I don't think I'll be replacing my brakes/rotors in 4 yrs since I'm not going to be tracking the car and most of the time I'm not going to be doing any hard or aggressive braking. This would be totally worth it if you knew you were going to need new brakes/rotors within the coverage window.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Not exactly related to term protection, but does anyone know whether the free 10k mile service applies only to the dealership where the car was purchased, or is it at any Audi dealership?
Old 02-11-2019, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
Not exactly related to term protection, but does anyone know whether the free 10k mile service applies only to the dealership where the car was purchased, or is it at any Audi dealership?
It follows the car, not the dealership - as long as it is NA. Also, odly enough, the dealership where I bought mine, recently sent a reminder email about a service I hadn’t scheduled. When I talked to my trusted SA, he said it was for the complementary 6mo/6k tire rotation. I’m only at 3k miles, so told him I’d come in closer to 6k, but I hadn’t ever heard/been told about this service before. The older Audi’s had a free oil change and initial service for free at 5k miles, but was nice to hear I’d get a free rotation.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
It follows the car, not the dealership - as long as it is NA. Also, odly enough, the dealership where I bought mine, recently sent a reminder email about a service I hadn’t scheduled. When I talked to my trusted SA, he said it was for the complementary 6mo/6k tire rotation. I’m only at 3k miles, so told him I’d come in closer to 6k, but I hadn’t ever heard/been told about this service before. The older Audi’s had a free oil change and initial service for free at 5k miles, but was nice to hear I’d get a free rotation.
OK, that's what I thought, and I know it's the same for Audicare. The 10k/1 year service, which is basically an oil change, is still free, correct? I am getting closer to buying a Prestige version of the car I originally ordered, but from a dealer further away and likely would not service there.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
OK, that's what I thought, and I know it's the same for Audicare. The 10k/1 year service, which is basically an oil change, is still free, correct? I am getting closer to buying a Prestige version of the car I originally ordered, but from a dealer further away and likely would not service there.
Yep - maintenance schedule is now on the 10s vs 5s. First one is free, no AudiCare needed.

Quick Reply: Extended Term protection worth it?