Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Florett Silver S5 SB Finally Arrives

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

more pics from the front pls? These pics are making me consider moving to silver from navarra.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 140 Likes on 102 Posts

Beautiful, I did consider the Silver but we already have a Silver at home so I went with Navarra.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,246 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by zoepup
It actually makes the chrome trim disappear. Plus, silver is always easier to keep clean. My daily commuter is silver. Love how it doesn't show all the dust my black cars do.
No truer words have ever been read on this forum.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by prashanth1337
more pics from the front pls? These pics are making me consider moving to silver from navarra.
Here is one from the front, early at work.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Stunning! carbon mirror caps and vorsteiners really set off the car.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freesole
Thanks man. I'm looking forward to your setup - when are you going to put them on? I bought my KW HAS from Mops (Ben) at Supreme Power. He's an awesome guy who can source pretty well any part you want. Feel free to email him and ask. It takes about 3-4 weeks to deliver as it comes from Germany. Mops@Supremepower.com
Thanks for that. I think I might have asked him in his build thread (maybe on AZ) and he did say they were available, but I didn't get any further in the process. I'll reach out to him. I'm about an hour from Wilmington myself, so I might just go up there to get the install done as well. Would do it myself but I hear it's a pain on the S5.

Unfortunately I hit a few small snags with the Vossens. One of the wheels had a manufacturing defect - the center bore for the cap was too small on one of them and the center cap didn't sit flush. Plus the rim was all scratched up from the technician trying to force it in. I spoke to Tag and Vossen both, and they're sending me a new wheel today to make it right. I would have put it on in the meantime to see how they fit, but hit another small snag - Tag didn't send the lug bolts and locks that I ordered with the wheels.

It's been a bit of a disappointment, but Tag (and Vossen) have been great in working with me to make it right. Hoping to have them on by the weekend.

Originally Posted by prashanth1337
Seriously. Navarra is great too, but I'm super impressed with the silver. I'm not normally a fan of light silver colors, but something about the graceful lines of this car just really make it look fantastic.

Last edited by Neon01; 10-23-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bayarea_s5
Stunning! carbon mirror caps and vorsteiners really set off the car.
I don't have carbon mirror caps.... yet

Originally Posted by Neon01
Thanks for that. I think I might have asked him in his build thread (maybe on AZ) and he did say they were available, but I didn't get any further in the process. I'll reach out to him. I'm about an hour from Wilmington myself, so I might just go up there to get the install done as well. Would do it myself but I hear it's a pain on the S5.

Unfortunately I hit a few small snags with the Vossens. One of the wheels had a manufacturing defect - the center bore for the cap was too small on one of them and the center cap didn't sit flush. Plus the rim was all scratched up from the technician trying to force it in. I spoke to Tag and Vossen both, and they're sending me a new wheel today to make it right. I would have put it on in the meantime to see how they fit, but hit another small snag - Tag didn't send the lug bolts and locks that I ordered with the wheels.

It's been a bit of a disappointment, but Tag (and Vossen) have been great in working with me to make it right. Hoping to have them on by the weekend.

Seriously. Navarra is great too, but I'm super impressed with the silver. I'm not normally a fan of light silver colors, but something about the graceful lines of this car just really make it look fantastic.
Ah that sucks. Always hard when you are excited to move ahead and you realize you don't have the parts to finish the job. Hope it all gets sorted out soon and this time next week we will get a preview!
Old 10-23-2017, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by freesole
I don't have carbon mirror caps.... yet
LOL! For a minute it looked like it from your last photo taken inside your work's garage.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

She looks absolutely perfect
Old 10-24-2017, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Have always wanted to drive this road every time I come down the I5 from Vancouver.

Quick Reply: Florett Silver S5 SB Finally Arrives