Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Help Finding A 2019 RS5 Coupe On The Lot?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
No, because 2019 A3s, A4s, A5s, and Q3s also have not been delivered. In November, the sales numbers for all of those models were down over 40% YoY and that number will be far worse for December if the 2019s aren't released. You may not seem to mind, but AoA should care that its Q4 will be abysmal and result in a yearly decline compared to 2017.
I have noticed this in Toronto. Every model except for Q5 and Q7 only have like 5-7 cars in stock per dealership. While Q5 and Q7 are over 40 lol.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
No, because 2019 A3s, A4s, A5s, and Q3s also have not been delivered. In November, the sales numbers for all of those models were down over 40% YoY and that number will be far worse for December if the 2019s aren't released. You may not seem to mind, but AoA should care that its Q4 will be abysmal and result in a yearly decline compared to 2017.
And as I mentioned above, all of those cars will be here this month, save the Q3, which is a redesign for spring ish next year

No, I don't think Audi minds that those cars aren't here quite yet to be truthful. The year will still be up for 18 vs 17, and that is the ultimate trend that they shoot for, both on new cars and CPO. Being on the dealer side of things, you will see a TON of cars delivered between mid to end of the month, especially the week between Christmas and New Years. Always ends up that way.

Last edited by SCarGuy; 12-07-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys this thread really took off, I'm glad! Some great discussions happening. Ultimately I decided to order a 2019 RS5 Coupe. It's expected to be here anywhere from Feb to March. I have another question though for people who ordered cars cause this is my first time. Has anyone negotiated a good deal for the RS5 when ordered? Let me know! I definitely want to see what deals people got if they're open to it. Thanks everyone!
Old 12-07-2018, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rs5gw
Hey guys this thread really took off, I'm glad! Some great discussions happening. Ultimately I decided to order a 2019 RS5 Coupe. It's expected to be here anywhere from Feb to March. I have another question though for people who ordered cars cause this is my first time. Has anyone negotiated a good deal for the RS5 when ordered? Let me know! I definitely want to see what deals people got if they're open to it. Thanks everyone!
MSRP here. The dealer did accidentally order rear airbags instead of black audi rings so they said they would not charge me for the error and also swap out my badges. Lets hope they keep that promise though.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tbone323
MSRP here. The dealer did accidentally order rear airbags instead of black audi rings so they said they would not charge me for the error and also swap out my badges. Lets hope they keep that promise though.
So when you ordered he said you'd pay MSRP? You can't negotiate the price when the car arrives? I haven't even talked about the total price. I only placed my deposit. I'd assume once the car arrives is when you talk about price?
Old 12-07-2018, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

So when you ordered he said you'd pay MSRP? You can't negotiate the price when the car arrives? I haven't even talked about the total price. I only placed my deposit. I'd assume once the car arrives is when you talk about price?
So my starting point was looking at their launch cars or the first batch of cars they get in. For those cars, they wanted a $5k dealer mark-up and checked with 2 dealers in my area and found the same thing. Instead I chose to order my own that they said they would do for MSRP. Given the fact that all 2049's are being held at the port and mine is scheduled to arrive Jan 11, I'll get my car only 2-3 weeks after the launch cars arrive and not pay the premium. I should note that I'm getting a 2019 RS5 Sportback, the first model to hit production so its not as if they've been selling these cars already like perhaps the coupe version.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tbone323
So my starting point was looking at their launch cars or the first batch of cars they get in. For those cars, they wanted a $5k dealer mark-up and checked with 2 dealers in my area and found the same thing. Instead I chose to order my own that they said they would do for MSRP. Given the fact that all 2049's are being held at the port and mine is scheduled to arrive Jan 11, I'll get my car only 2-3 weeks after the launch cars arrive and not pay the premium. I should note that I'm getting a 2019 RS5 Sportback, the first model to hit production so its not as if they've been selling these cars already like perhaps the coupe version.
Oh, that's interesting so you did walk away with a deal regardless. I'm assuming the Coupes have been market tested since the 2018 year for them is almost over. I've seen some people say they got 6% maybe 8% off MSRP. I just don't know if it's when they ordered or if it was on the lot.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,066 Likes on 741 Posts

You would negotiate the price before you place the order, but you can still try to negotiate later if you find some leverage. Don't expect much of a discount if any. The cars are not necessarily selling as fast as the previous gen, but people don't seem to be getting discounts, either. The first cars stood in showrooms with some crazy markups, even though there are '18 models still sitting around in lots around the country. The way to get a discount is if you can leverage multiple dealers against each other. If you don't have any leverage, then you won't get much below MSRP on cars like this. Even though they are not selling all the well it seems especially the coupe, they are not volume cars, so dealers get a lot less allocations and figure somebody will walk in willing to pay MSRP even if you walk away from the deal.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
You would negotiate the price before you place the order, but you can still try to negotiate later if you find some leverage. Don't expect much of a discount if any. The cars are not necessarily selling as fast as the previous gen, but people don't seem to be getting discounts, either. The first cars stood in showrooms with some crazy markups, even though there are '18 models still sitting around in lots around the country. The way to get a discount is if you can leverage multiple dealers against each other. If you don't have any leverage, then you won't get much below MSRP on cars like this. Even though they are not selling all the well it seems especially the coupe, they are not volume cars, so dealers get a lot less allocations and figure somebody will walk in willing to pay MSRP even if you walk away from the deal.
Great insight. My only leverage would be that I have a YouTube channel with over 300k subscribers that watch me daily and maybe me shouting them out on the channel would be a nice way to get some sort of discount and I'd mention that maybe in 2 to 3 years I'd buy an R8 from them if they give me deal. I'm not expecting a huge discount, maybe 6% off MSRP would be nice.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My editorial. And how many of those 300K live in your city and can afford an Audi and maybe even want an Audi.....just saying that probably won't mean much in my opinion, and if he doesn't give you a deal what will you do, put that on your channel? You'll think about how the dealer sxxxxxd you every time you get in the car. Why do that deal? Sounds like threat to me and probably not a good way to go. There are all kinds of dealers, those that rip you off at $5K above retail, those that play tough hoping you want to pay sticker vs how bad you want the car and those that treat you right and are in it for the long hall, you just need to find a good deal. Think about this, do you negotiate for most oher things you buy, probably not, but for cars that's the way it is. I've always gotten a fair discount even from Audi, Porsche and MB AMG dealers on a repeat basis. Check out www.kbb.com to enter what you're buying and get a good range of discount, it's pretty accurate. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Help Finding A 2019 RS5 Coupe On The Lot?