Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

How is your A5/S5/RS5 Holding Up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
Yeah, it's a $2700 difference between P+ and Prestige, most of which is composed of DAP, which is now mandatory for Prestige.
The best part of the Prestige package, for me, has surprising been the top view camera. It’s been very useful when backing into parking spots or the garage. I also like the HUD. However, if I had to do it again, I’d probably go with a S5 P+ vs an A5 Prestige (not quite apples to apples dollar wise, but would close the gap a little on pricing).
Old 02-09-2019, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Slides
Really? It increases my stress with it turned on as I have to be extra vigilant to make sure the car doesn't rearend someone.
For me, I trust it to be able to brake, but sometimes too abruptly and unpredictably. Sometimes it just slams on the brakes to a stop and leaves quite a bit of space in between, other times it brakes gently. The Drive Mode settings for ACC is only for how aggressive the car accelerates, it has nothing to do with how aggressive it brakes. I wish there's a setting for that. Until then, I'm just worried I'll get rear ended. I tend not to use it too often in traffic jams because of that.

When I drive I look at traffic beyond the car in front of me and react to them instead of just the car immediately in front of me. ACC only reacts to the car immediately in front and that's a shortfall in my book. It's not good for defensive driving and can lead to too abrupt braking and getting rear ended.

Last edited by luder888; 02-09-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

One odd issue that happened twice so far.

I opened (tilt) the sunroof. When closing it, it would retract and reopen again!

Finally after 15-20 times, it stayed closed...
Old 03-04-2019, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

1100 miles RS5 Sportback.
  • Replaced coil packs (cylinders 1-3)
  • Reset boot (part of the suspension)
Other than that, the car is working great. I love driving it around. I mainly do spirited highway driving and pushed it to 144mph on a track.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:31 PM
Audi Driver & Enthusiast

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

6500 miles after 11 months. Custom ordered in December 2018, delivered in April 2018.

No issues so far other than the widely-documented top-view camera problem, and some annoying speaker grille rattles. I also occasionally get a warning while I'm driving that the key is not detected, despite being in my pocket. Doesn't really bother me. Everything else works and drives well.

I use traffic jam assist + adaptive cruise control on a daily basis. Highly recommended. And I love the adaptive damping suspension, which unfortunately was removed from the options list in 2019 A5 models. Glad I got it on my 2018.

I really adore the car, and god it's gorgeous to look at! Definitely thought I'd miss the manual transmission of my 2012 A5 coupe, but I don't miss it at all.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

My 18 S5 SB bought in Oct 18 was doing great for the 5 months and 2800m I had her until I pulled the gun in late Feb for a 19 RS5 SB and that's holding up well also and I've put more miles in a shorter amount of time because she's put more smiles on this face of mine. In less than a month I've put over a 1k miles.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2008 S5 Sportback. Currently 17,000 miles on it zero issues. Picked it up in May, 2017 in Ingolstadt and immediately drove to the Nurburgring for a 2 day private track event. Achieved 144 mph on the Ring and 148 on the Autobahn. 2 weeks driving through France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria,etc. across many winding mountain passes.

Now that I am back home in Alaska with it, I reminisce about the fast driving I was able to achieve and enjoy it as a daily driver with as much spirited driving as I can safely enjoy. I have added 034 Motorsport front strut brace and transmission mount insert, and an AWE Airgate intake. ABT Power piggyback is waiting for dry roads to install and test.

Love my car!
Old 03-16-2019, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh - I also installed an ALP radar/laser system which has been incredibly useful. My only complaint has been the substandard performance of the B&O sound system which comes with the Prestige. I am exploring options to replace/upgrade the speakers. It will for sure need a new sub, but may replace some speakers too.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Lurker

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

2013 S5 PP. Bought it 2 years ago and so far have put about 12k miles on it. Just today, I started hearing noise from the steering. Any steering movement makes a noise like chair casters rolling over a wood floor. Not quite grinding and not quite roaring. It's pretty loud too. Also, at highway speeds, the steering seems to "stick" a little. I have to give it just a little effort to move the wheel. I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow night and have them look at it.

Any ideas?
Old 03-16-2019, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by wam22
Picked my coupe up in April of 2017 and have about 17500 miles. There has been a very minor fixes needed like a few sensors needing to be replaced. But two major issues for me is there are a ton of rattles the dealer can't fix such as the sunroof and along the passenger side. Also, the virtual cockpit will not pull up music information from car play and sometimes if the parking sensors come on, I can't bring up car play without unplugging my phone. Also had to get a voltage meter once I got the iPhone XS since it would randomly disconnect.

Otherwise, I do not recommend going with the AWE track exhaust (too loud and causes vibrations) and I do recommend getting a rear sway bar and a piggeyback tune like DTUK/DTE.
Hi Wam,
The AWE exhaust did seem loud to me. Have you looked into something else? I like the race car sound but nothing too crazy.

Quick Reply: How is your A5/S5/RS5 Holding Up?