Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Latest Dealer Scam?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 595 Likes on 427 Posts

Dealers are going to be dealers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've seen Chevy dealers do this with Bolts and Mercedes dealers do it with E63s. Often this kind of stuff happens with more expensive cars where people are less price sensitive.
Old 11-20-2020, 04:51 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,161 Likes on 1,384 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Dealers are going to be dealers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've seen Chevy dealers do this with Bolts and Mercedes dealers do it with E63s. Often this kind of stuff happens with more expensive cars where people are less price sensitive.
And, generalizing, less informed.

— John
Old 11-20-2020, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by cue
A bit off topic, but related. We had a new employee start last month. Recent college graduate, moved to Chicago from Atlanta. I overheard a conversation where she asked about "winterizing" her car. Various suggestions were given by other twentysomethings, about checking the strength of the coolant, having an inspection, oil change etc.

I chimed in, and suggested "An often overlooked maintenance item is changing the air in the tires". They all looked over at me as if I had invented the newest social media app. I followed up by reinforcing my position and claiming "Yea, just like there is summer oil and winter oil, there's summer tire air and winter tire air"

A few days later, with a straight face, she asked if I was being serious.
At first I thought you were being serious and referring to the need to add air to the tires as pressure drops with decreasing temperature.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

I will stand up for Audi Turnersville as I had an excellent experience with them. With that being said I would never pay for this "nitrogen pack."
Old 11-20-2020, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

From Wiki.

Composition of air.

Last edited by 18A5SB; 11-20-2020 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 377 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Lookout57
I've been dealing with the same Audi dealer in North Jersey for 20 years and they have never pulled a stunt like this.
Right - not all dealers are bad. I over generalized with my all NJ dealer suck comment. My son's Alltrack and my Golf R came from the same NJ dealer - and that experience was excellent.

Originally Posted by Nikon1
That’s why I titled this thread “Latest Dealer Scam” not Audi Scam.

I’m not so much “blaming” Audi — but they have to be at least “aware” of this sales tactic as, in my opinion, it does reflect poorly on both the dealer and the product they’re selling to make such a transparent money grab for a prestigious brand.

Guaranteed if I was buying a car and the dealer tried to pull more $$$ out of my pocket with this scam — the last thing they’d hear from me would be “adios.”

— John
Ah yes - blame reading to fast...and agree - this entire thing would make me walk too.

Originally Posted by gk1
I'm glad you captured the dealer's name in there so now everyone who reads this can avoid Audi of Turnersville NJ and by extension all Penske owned dealers since they obviously tolerate this nonsense.
I'm using them for service - the experience has been mixed. The SAs seem to be very good. I've had two good experiences and one bad. Not ready to pass complete judgement on the small sample size.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:19 AM
cue
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
At first I thought you were being serious and referring to the need to add air to the tires as pressure drops with decreasing temperature.
Maybe it was just my deadpan delivery
Old 11-20-2020, 08:30 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,161 Likes on 1,384 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveSNJ

I'm using them for service - the experience has been mixed. The SAs seem to be very good. I've had two good experiences and one bad. Not ready to pass complete judgement on the small sample size.
As am I and I’ve always been very satisfied with my SAs and the work performed.

My sales experience was less than satisfactory but, as I have detailed in past posts, I brought my Acura salesman (both Penske dealerships) with me and the Audi salesperson (since terminated for poor performance) was less than helpful when it came time to do the delivery of my car. So I will discount that experience to some small degree because he had to split the commission.

If I were to buy another Audi I think I’d go to Audi of Wilmington. Aside from the fact that the GM down there is one of the owners of Nemesis they seem to be very “on the ball.”

We all vote with our $$$$$ when buying.

— John
Old 11-20-2020, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 377 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
As am I and I’ve always been very satisfied with my SAs and the work performed.

My sales experience was less than satisfactory but, as I have detailed in past posts, I brought my Acura salesman (both Penske dealerships) with me and the Audi salesperson (since terminated for poor performance) was less than helpful when it came time to do the delivery of my car. So I will discount that experience to some small degree because he had to split the commission.

If I were to buy another Audi I think I’d go to Audi of Wilmington. Aside from the fact that the GM down there is one of the owners of Nemesis they seem to be very “on the ball.”

We all vote with our $$$$$ when buying.

— John
Right - I have no problems with the SA. They've been great.

Agree on the Audi Wilmington thought, or I go back to my friend in Chicago.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NJS5
Guys, your over reacting. It’s the “Pro” package, not the standard package........

wow I loled. Thanks for that one

Quick Reply: Latest Dealer Scam?