Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

New S5 Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New S5 Upgrade

Hey Guys,
Well we picked up a leftover 19' S5 SB and traded our 18' A5 SB, I felt a little weird buying the same car again but I originally wanted the S5 when we bought our A5 just couldn't convince the wife. Well almost 2 years later and the deal I put togeher was too good to pass up with 20% off and 0% financing. The car is Quantum Gray with Premium +, Black Optic, B&O, Carbon inlays, & Audi rings. I'll need to get some better pics but here's one.

The following 7 users liked this post by CMillA5:
audi40 (04-30-2020), BreedsAs (04-30-2020), Cv640pilot (04-30-2020), dadrocker (05-08-2020), DaveSNJ (04-30-2020), MRA5SB (04-30-2020), Zed 2.0 (04-30-2020) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-30-2020, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

Very good deal and nice S5! Definitely an upgrade.
Old 04-30-2020, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Amazing deal. Enjoy in good health.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes I think they're just blowing the 19's out, they had 11 19' S5's when we bought this one 4/18 and when I looked today they were down to 2.

I ordered a RS5 grill off EBay last night and got a message today saying they have to cancel the order as 95% of freight flights out of China are cancelled and the local post office wont ship either, crazy!
Old 04-30-2020, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CMillA5
Yes I think they're just blowing the 19's out, they had 11 19' S5's when we bought this one 4/18 and when I looked today they were down to 2.

I ordered a RS5 grill off EBay last night and got a message today saying they have to cancel the order as 95% of freight flights out of China are cancelled and the local post office wont ship either, crazy!
congratulations on the new car and use it well!

I actually had the same exact issue that you did last week regarding eBay sellers not shipping the grill because of the current situation.

I then found it on this website for the same price and free UPS shipping. Forewarning is that I have not received the grill yet, but I did happen to look up the gentleman that was selling these grills on this website (german-car-accessories.com) and he at least seems to be a real person. His name is Harry.

to be honest the only thing that is sketching me out a little bit is the amount of “fake” reviews he is giving himself.Not sure if he’s doing it just to look a bit bigger than he actually is or I’m flat out being scammed.

I have been given the UPS tracking number but the grill has not shipped yet so take that as you will. I ordered last week. I will report back if the grill ever makes it here.

I’m assuming I’m actually going to receive a grill considering it would be a lot of work to create an entire fake website for aftermarket European car grills and pay for UPS shipping from China all to not really send it...

here is the link to the grill.
https://german-car-accessories.com/p...ill-conversion

best,
Jared
Old 04-30-2020, 05:59 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,161 Likes on 1,384 Posts

That web site seems a little sketchy, but I hope for your sake I’m wrong. When I look at his “American Owned, based in Scottsdale, Arizona” I’m guessing he’s still importing them from China, like all the eBay sellers.

There was a California based distributor, EMD, who would “stock” a limited number of these grilles and when the stocking situation ran low would re-order a number from China. When I ordered mine in 2018, it arrived from CA within about 3 days of me ordering it. Rumour has it that as EMD was a CA registered business, Audi sent a “cease & desist” order and EMD stopped selling them, under a threatened lawsuit.

Now about the only place you can find them are eBay from some Chinese-based seller and it’s not worth Audi’s time to play “whack a mole” with all those sellers.

You may just have to wait for the seller to import some additional stock. You could always call them and inquire as to the actual ship date. Good Luck

— John
Old 04-30-2020, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
That web site seems a little sketchy, but I hope for your sake I’m wrong. When I look at his “American Owned, based in Scottsdale, Arizona” I’m guessing he’s still importing them from China, like all the eBay sellers.

There was a California based distributor, EMD, who would “stock” a limited number of these grilles and when the stocking situation ran low would re-order a number from China. When I ordered mine in 2018, it arrived from CA within about 3 days of me ordering it. Rumour has it that as EMD was a CA registered business, Audi sent a “cease & desist” order and EMD stopped selling them, under a threatened lawsuit.

Now about the only place you can find them are eBay from some Chinese-based seller and it’s not worth Audi’s time to play “whack a mole” with all those sellers.

You may just have to wait for the seller to import some additional stock. You could always call them and inquire as to the actual ship date. Good Luck

— John
hey John,

That’s what I thought as well, but after emailing with the owner of the site, he was very upfront about his whole operation and responded to me quickly and answered all questions in fluent English which was a nice change over eBay. When asked if he was importing them from China or had them stocked in Scottsdale, He informed me that they would ship right from China but his delivery dates were slightly delayed due to the COVID-19 situation. He also stated the grills were still getting delivered to customers with a slight delay.

With all that being said, looks like he is just a middleman of the grills from China, just like EMD.

I also looked him up all over the Internet and he looks to be one of these young post college “ e-commerce entrepreneurs“. From what I’m able to tell it looks like he really does own a BMW M3 and looks like he has ties to Chinese businesses which would make sense for importing the RS grills.

at the end of the day I hope I receive the grill. At the moment I really have no reason to believe that I won’t.

my two cents is that if somebody would go to great lengths to make a full detailed website selling different auto accessories to a very small market, then I could at least put a little faith in it.

best, Jared
The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (05-01-2020)
Old 05-01-2020, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

Try Nemesis Autosport for RS Grill. https://www.nemesisautosport.com/

The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (05-01-2020)
Old 05-01-2020, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I actually tried the German Car Accessories first and my card was declined 2 times, I decided to not risk it. I did get a follow up from Harry the next day asking if I had questions since my cart wasn't processed. Chase said they reported this as a fraudulent transaction so they declined, thats why I went the Ebay route. I hope you get your grille please report back.

I'll take a look at https://www.nemesisautosport.com/ Thanks!

Craig
Old 05-01-2020, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by WalkAudi6
Try Nemesis Autosport for RS Grill. https://www.nemesisautosport.com/
Is that the camera hole in the front center?
Looks very small and I'm wondering if the camera can even mount to it.

Quick Reply: New S5 Upgrade