Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

One really annoying thing about my S5 SB

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default One really annoying thing about my S5 SB

The 8 numbered shortcut keys above the MMI controller are bloody useless. I don't understand why they only allow you to use them for radio stations - at least that's what the manual says. Drives me crazy.

My last BMWs (5 and 7 series) have same thing - 8 numbered buttons for shortcuts BUT they can be assigned to ANYTHING. i.e. I had 8 programmed to start navigation to home, 7 navigation to work, 6 to set audio to satellite to a channel, etc.

I mean it's such an easy thing for them to do I don't get why they limited it to radio stations. Such a wasted opportunity.

Very frustrating because I have absolutely no use for them but if they were opened up people could use them for radio if they wanted but for other things too.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I know and I've not seen anyone figure out how to enable the ROW functionality through coding either. (they are enabled for any MMI shortcut in ROW, in US only for radio stations).

I always hit them when I have a drink in the cupholder and want to get it out, and it shows an overlay on the screen even if they're not programmed.

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
The 8 numbered shortcut keys above the MMI controller are bloody useless. I don't understand why they only allow you to use them for radio stations - at least that's what the manual says. Drives me crazy.

My last BMWs (5 and 7 series) have same thing - 8 numbered buttons for shortcuts BUT they can be assigned to ANYTHING. i.e. I had 8 programmed to start navigation to home, 7 navigation to work, 6 to set audio to satellite to a channel, etc.

I mean it's such an easy thing for them to do I don't get why they limited it to radio stations. Such a wasted opportunity.

Very frustrating because I have absolutely no use for them but if they were opened up people could use them for radio if they wanted but for other things too.