Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

S5 SB Black Optics Parts or Wrap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 05:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Navarra and chrome delete combo looks great,I have an S5 Sportback in Navarra and I think this thread has convinced me to get the chrome wrapped too, one question to those who've had it done is it all wrapped gloss back or are some parts matte black or even satin?

I've never seen a B9 A4 or A5 with the black optic pack up close and just wondered it's its all the same finish of black or if Audi mix and match it a bit, anyone with a BO pack on here who could clarify?
Old 07-05-2018, 06:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking for myself, mine is gloss black. I haven’t seen a factory BO S5 yet here in the US.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mikkeee
I think they might be inconsistent with the parking sensors. I received me about 2 weeks ago and did NOT have the parking sensors included The shop that installed it also noted that the camera bracket was there but wasn't perfect so they had to make some other modifications to get it aligned properly.
Did they end up shipping you the correct lower profile sensors? I think I saw a pic of the bracket they 3D print. It didn't look that great but better than none.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Oceanic
The Navarra and chrome delete combo looks great,I have an S5 Sportback in Navarra and I think this thread has convinced me to get the chrome wrapped too, one question to those who've had it done is it all wrapped gloss back or are some parts matte black or even satin?
Same. I tried using PlastiDip to black out the window trim but the end results were not good. It was extremely difficult to get clean lines when trying to peel off the overspray and it kept peeling off from the trim as well. It also convinced me it was not going to be durable enough in the long run. Good news is that it's very easy to remove, it only cost $5, and I was able to get a sense of what blacked out trim would ultimately look like. (Spoiler alert - it looks fantastic on Navarra)

So attempt number 2 will be to vinyl wrap with 3M gloss black. I have all the supplies waiting on me in the garage but it's just too damn hot and humid out right now so I'm waiting for a break in the heatwave which should get here this weekend.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Those rims and that blackout treatment looks sweet!
Old 07-06-2018, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jayhova1
Did they end up shipping you the correct lower profile sensors? I think I saw a pic of the bracket they 3D print. It didn't look that great but better than none.
I did receive the 3D printed camera bracket but mine did not come with any sensors. The shop had to make the stock ones work but they required quite a bit of modification to fit.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered 3M vinyl from Amazon and the tools in a package. It was very inexpensive.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by S4iner
I ordered 3M vinyl from Amazon and the tools in a package. It was very inexpensive.
Did you wrap the two slats in the middle too? Looks great.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S4iner
Is there anyway you could link to what you purchased? Did you have to remove the grill to wrap it?
Old 07-12-2018, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

I'm in the process of doing the window trim right now. One tip for those thinking of doing it, when doing the final trimming, cut the film a little larger than needed and then use a trim tool to tuck the edges of the film under the rubber trim pieces that surround the silver trim.

Quick Reply: S5 SB Black Optics Parts or Wrap?