Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Safety Recall 74E3 - no remedy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 371 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
As did I. The parts are in . . . but I’m still not sure if / when I want to get this accomplished. I’ve never seen the error come up and I’m solo in the car about 70% of the time so . . .

— John
Diddo for me. Only I'm driving solo 90% of the time. I'm planning on having the work done in December when my Audicare oil change is done.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts

Called the dealer to set up an appointment - earliest available is December 19. WTF! Apparently they can do only one car a day. They may be able take care of it in October when I drop off the car for annual service if they have the parts, no guarantees. Another reason this is my first and last Audi.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,192 Likes on 929 Posts

Originally Posted by 18A5SB
Called the dealer to set up an appointment - earliest available is December 19. WTF! Apparently they can do only one car a day. They may be able take care of it in October when I drop off the car for annual service if they have the parts, no guarantees. Another reason this is my first and last Audi.
WTF is right?!?!?! I can get an appointment in 3 weeks with a loaner car. I imagine this lead time will increase for me as more and more folks start driving more (summer months). Either way a 6 month lead time on an appointment is ludicrous.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,248 Likes on 770 Posts

If you had the AC condenser issue (the dash has be removed) it would probably take that dealer a year to fix...not acceptable!
Old 04-27-2022, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 238 Likes on 158 Posts

As this is a safety recall and Audi itself states there is an increased potential for injury in a crash, is Audi providing a loaner until the repairs can be made? I know the answer but this really is unacceptable.
The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (04-27-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NJS5
As this is a safety recall and Audi itself states there is an increased potential for injury in a crash, is Audi providing a loaner until the repairs can be made? I know the answer but this really is unacceptable.
No loaner for me. They just paid for my uber home.
Old 04-27-2022, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by keylime503
No loaner for me. They just paid for my uber home.
Same, they provided a lyft to my office, and they said they could deliver my car or have someone pick me up. Shockingly I agreed to have them drop it off to my office.
Old 04-28-2022, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mhoran89
WTF is right?!?!?! I can get an appointment in 3 weeks with a loaner car. I imagine this lead time will increase for me as more and more folks start driving more (summer months). Either way a 6 month lead time on an appointment is ludicrous.
I called two dealers today. The first one closer to my house 14 miles towards Washington DC said they can schedule middle of June but no guarantee of a loaner, but rental is available or they can give me a ride in their shuttle but the shuttle to the nearest Metro (subway) station. I am at least 12 miles from the subway. The second dealer 18 miles away and going the opposite way towards Frederick MD said June but with a loaner. Then I noticed they have pick and drop off free concierge service asked if I could avail that they said sure and they can do it week after next. But I am expecting house guests so it is now May 16 with pick up and drop off.

Just as I hung up the first dealer called saying they can have a loner for June. Ha! Too late.

Also, I will likely not be returning to the original dealer near Baltimore.

Last edited by 18A5SB; 04-28-2022 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2022, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,192 Likes on 929 Posts

I called two dealers today. The first one closer to my house 14 miles towards Washington DC said they can schedule middle of June but no guarantee of a loaner, but rental is available or they can give me a ride in their shuttle but the shuttle to the nearest Metro (subway) station. I am at least 12 miles from the subway. The second dealer 18 miles away and going the opposite way towards Frederick MD said June but with a loaner. Then I noticed they have pick and drop off free concierge service asked if I could avail that they said sure and they can do it week after next. But I am expecting house guests so it is now May 16 with pick up and drop off.

Just as I hung up the first dealer called saying they can have a loner for June. Ha! Too late.

Also, I will likely not be returning to the original dealer near Baltimore.
I would see if one of these dealers is willing to uber/lyft you home. that is common practice around here and I have had my dealer order me a ride to my office and back for service when they cannot provide a loaner. It honestly might be cheaper for them to shuttle people around using a corporate discount on a rideshare platform than keep loaner cars in a fleet, but they do both.
Old 04-28-2022, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mhoran89
I would see if one of these dealers is willing to uber/lyft you home. that is common practice around here and I have had my dealer order me a ride to my office and back for service when they cannot provide a loaner. It honestly might be cheaper for them to shuttle people around using a corporate discount on a rideshare platform than keep loaner cars in a fleet, but they do both.
Actually this dealer will pick up the car from the house and then drop it back at the house. All the while I could very well relax at home in my jammies!

Quick Reply: Safety Recall 74E3 - no remedy?