Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Square Bottom Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2024, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Whole new/re-built steering wheel and airbag, no exchange.
Old 01-07-2024, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audiq4me
I'm working with Ask Carbon as we speak on a flat bottom SW for my 2023 S5. I'm being assured that the "hands on detection" and heating will work. I only wanted perforated leather all around. Looking at $1,200. I will post pix when jobs complete. By the way, they will build a wheel to your specs.
Good info and will follow. Are you having them build this using a stock wheel? Since my stock is off would be easy to just send them that and build to my spec
Old 01-08-2024, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by audiq4me
I'm working with Ask Carbon as we speak on a flat bottom SW for my 2023 S5. I'm being assured that the "hands on detection" and heating will work. I only wanted perforated leather all around. Looking at $1,200. I will post pix when jobs complete. By the way, they will build a wheel to your specs.
Just got mine from him and he also assured me before buying that they have the module installed in their new steering wheel cores that will work with the hands on ACC.

Will definitely report back once I have it installed… *crossing fingers* I’d be disappointed to find out traffic jam/lane assist won’t function anymore just for a steering wheel lol.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scott61
Good info and will follow. Are you having them build this using a stock wheel? Since my stock is off would be easy to just send them that and build to my spec
The cool thing is, you don’t need to send your OEM core. He has it in stock. You just spec it how you want.
Old 01-09-2024, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Show us what you got !!
The following users liked this post:
Mslc (01-10-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bayarea_s5
Just got mine from him and he also assured me before buying that they have the module installed in their new steering wheel cores that will work with the hands on ACC.

Will definitely report back once I have it installed… *crossing fingers* I’d be disappointed to find out traffic jam/lane assist won’t function anymore just for a steering wheel lol.
Did you end up installing it? What are your findings?
Old 01-22-2024, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by QuattroBH
Did you end up installing it? What are your findings?
yup installed and working like factory as far as Lane Assist and Adaptive Cruise… Just hiccup with the Start/Stop button (might have to abort mission on that one but the Drive Select is amazing.

Last edited by bayarea_s5; 01-22-2024 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-22-2024, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

yup installed and working like factory as far as Lane Assist and Adaptive Cruise… Just hiccup with the Start/Stop button (might have to abort mission on that one but the Drive Select is amazing.

Was it difficult to transfer over all the sensors and hardware from the old wheel to the new? I’ve been in talks with AskCarbon on instagram and seriously considering pulling the trigger on one of these as well. Pretty much exact same spec aside from the drive select and push to start modules.

Any videos or tips you’d recommend for the install?
Old 01-22-2024, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you’re asking about the hands-on module his cores have them already installed. All you have to do is transfer over the factory paddles and buttons.

sorry, I had a shop install mine…

fyi— you’d also need to add heat option if you don’t that’s the only error code you’ll get. Mine has heater option so that’s not an issue
The following users liked this post:
QuattroBH (01-22-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

So from what I see, he uses the round steering wheels and sculpts it to look like a flat bottom unit.

you can tell by the centre trim, the flat bottom ones are much shorter.

which is why the wheels have the hands on detection sensors and modules.

The real flat bottom units dont have the function. Except the rs6 units

Quick Reply: Square Bottom Steering Wheel