Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

(?) for those that use Spotify and Apple Music?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by synergize
Sure, when at home and listening to Spotify when you "Like" a song by pressing the "Heart" next to the song it will place that song in "Your Library." When you get into the car open CarPlay and select Spotify, then goto "Liked Songs" in Spotify, all your Music will appear in the MM! and you can select any songs or play all of them or select Random Play. I usually have The Data on my phone turned off and Spotify will tell you that it is Offline, you don't have to have Data tuned off, it will work either way! Apple Music works the same way, you can save Data charges by downloading your Music rather than streaming it all the time.
Check with your cellular phone provider. Mine doesn't count music streaming from several providers (including Spotify and Pandora) against my data usage. Apple music isn't one of those, nor is the SiriusXM app.
The following users liked this post:
synergize (11-07-2021)
Old 11-08-2021, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=synergize;25646889]Sure, when at home and listening to Spotify when you "Like" a song by pressing the "Heart" next to the song it will place that song in "Your Library." When you get into the car open CarPlay and select Spotify, then goto "Liked Songs" in Spotify, all your Music will appear in the MM! and you can select any songs or play all of them or select Random Play. I usually have The Data on my phone turned off and Spotify will tell you that it is Offline, you don't have to have Data tuned off, it will work either way! Apple Music works the same way, you can save Data charges by downloading your Music rather than streaming it all the time. It works really good in Spotify and Apple Music, actually almost identical. Does your car have wireless CarPlay or do you connect with a cable, it works either way!

@synergize Thanks for the instructions. Worked as stated and I'm using Spotify now without issues. I do have the wireless CarPlay so it's even better. Thanks again.