Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

(?) for those that use Spotify and Apple Music?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,247 Likes on 770 Posts
Default (?) for those that use Spotify and Apple Music?

Best Buy gave me 6 months of free Apple Music for buying a laptop. I setup the free Apple Music and tried in it my B9 Audi today using an iPhone 12 Pro. It was awful, songs had skips, the MMI screen in iTunes had flickering lights and looked bad. This is my first experience with Apple Music in the Audi, previously I used Spotify and it was absolutely flawless. Do I need to give iTunes/ Apple Music some time to adjust, this is the first time I used it. I don't understand how a non-Apple App (Spotify) performed better than an Apple App. You would think it would be vice-versa? Thanks for any info.

Last edited by synergize; 11-05-2021 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 648 Likes on 421 Posts

Something is wrong. I use Apple Music all the time and it has never given me a problem.
The following users liked this post:
davjo68 (11-05-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Burrcold
Something is wrong. I use Apple Music all the time and it has never given me a problem.
Ok thanks, I will delete and reinstall Apple Music and see if works better.
Old 11-05-2021, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 594 Likes on 426 Posts

Yeah, there’s something wrong. I used to use Spotify but I changed to Apple Music because it integrates better into CarPlay and doesn’t have the 200 song limit in CarPlay that Spotify does.
The following users liked this post:
synergize (11-06-2021)
Old 11-06-2021, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Yeah, there’s something wrong. I used to use Spotify but I changed to Apple Music because it integrates better into CarPlay and doesn’t have the 200 song limit in CarPlay that Spotify does.
I just signed up for the two month Spotify trial this week, so I’m seeing how it works, setting up libraries, favoriting albums, etc. Along the way I’m finding out what its limitations are. Didn’t know about this one, so thanks for posting.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 594 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by 2DaLab
I just signed up for the two month Spotify trial this week, so I’m seeing how it works, setting up libraries, favoriting albums, etc. Along the way I’m finding out what its limitations are. Didn’t know about this one, so thanks for posting.
Unfortunately you can’t pick with 200 songs you can access in CarPlay. It just picks the first 200 songs alphabetically.

Last edited by JohnEnglish; 11-06-2021 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 2DaLab
I don't stream Spotify, I download the music (favorites) into my iPhone and play it the car, it works fantastic, sounds good too!
Old 11-07-2021, 01:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by synergize
I don't stream Spotify, I download the music (favorites) into my iPhone and play it the car, it works fantastic, sounds good too!
@synergize Can you explain a little further what you mean by this and how you do it? I'm trying to find the best way to listen to tunes. So far, the best I've found is simply using a flash drive with my "favorites" loaded. I have the Spotify app on my iPhone, but have never used it. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2021, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Simonizer
@synergize Can you explain a little further what you mean by this and how you do it? I'm trying to find the best way to listen to tunes. So far, the best I've found is simply using a flash drive with my "favorites" loaded. I have the Spotify app on my iPhone, but have never used it. Thanks.
Sure, when at home and listening to Spotify when you "Like" a song by pressing the "Heart" next to the song it will place that song in "Your Library." When you get into the car open CarPlay and select Spotify, then goto "Liked Songs" in Spotify, all your Music will appear in the MM! and you can select any songs or play all of them or select Random Play. I usually have The Data on my phone turned off and Spotify will tell you that it is Offline, you don't have to have Data tuned off, it will work either way! Apple Music works the same way, you can save Data charges by downloading your Music rather than streaming it all the time. It works really good in Spotify and Apple Music, actually almost identical. Does your car have wireless CarPlay or do you connect with a cable, it works either way!

This is what it looks like:

Last edited by synergize; 11-07-2021 at 05:23 AM.
Old 11-07-2021, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

I use Apple Music and podcasts in both of mine, all the time (and audi from YouTube). All via CarPlay. Zero issues. Can’t speak for Spotify as I’ve never used it

Quick Reply: (?) for those that use Spotify and Apple Music?