Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Trade in value for 18 s5 cab ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by A5Newbie
Go here, no need to put your info: Black Book Weekly Values Lite

Got around $58k trade-in estimate for a '18 S5 Cab Prestige. Good luck!
$10,000 loss from lease to trade sounds right...

Only way you get a higher number is if you are trading up to a more expensive car.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How does turning in a lease early, this early, work? Aren't there penalties?
Old 04-25-2018, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by friguy3
How does turning in a lease early, this early, work? Aren't there penalties?
The penalty is that someone has to fork over a 67k check to AFS, if its a dealer then they build it into the financing of your next car (provided you are credit worthy)

Lease can end at the buyout price at any time, thing is, the cars value never exceeds the buyout price unless the dealer made an oopsie.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A5Newbie
Go here, no need to put your info: Black Book Weekly Values Lite

Got around $58k trade-in estimate for a '18 S5 Cab Prestige. Good luck!
Just out of curiosity how close can one typically get to the trade in values listed on Black Book? My car arrives in 2 months and I hope I can get close to what BB shows for my current vehicle.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdpeterman
Just out of curiosity how close can one typically get to the trade in values listed on Black Book? My car arrives in 2 months and I hope I can get close to what BB shows for my current vehicle.
It all depends on your negotiating skills, dealer, type of car. Also you really should have negotiated the trade at time of order. Now they have the upper hand and will give you less for your car.

Last edited by machz; 04-26-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by machz
It all depends on your negotiating skills, dealer, type of car. Also you really should have negotiated the trade at time of order. Now they have the upper hand and will give you less for your car.
How are you going to negotiate a trade on a vehicle that you are not going to be trading for two months?
Old 04-26-2018, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by freshpow78
How are you going to negotiate a trade on a vehicle that you are not going to be trading for two months?
Easily I did it without any problem at all. They will ask normal amount of miles that you drive and factor that in, also the condition must be the same at time of sale. I have done it for my last 3 vehicles as I normally order instead of taking off the lot. Think of it from a dealers perspective. They can now low ball you knowing they have the car you want. Sure you can walk away but I'm guessing you put a deposit down that you will likely lose and they will sell the car to someone else anyway. If you have a good dealer that you have a relationship with this may not happen but I wouldn't take that chance.

Last edited by machz; 04-26-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by machz
Easily I did it without any problem at all. They will ask normal of miles you drive and factor that in, also the condition must be the same at time of sale. I have done it for my last 3 vehicles as I normally order instead of taking off the lot. Think of it from a dealers perspective. They can now low ball you knowing they have the car you want. Sure you can walk away but I'm guessing you put a deposit down that you will likely lose and they will sell the car to someone else anyway. If you have a good dealer that you have a relationship with this may not happen but I wouldn't take that chance.
Depends on who your lease is through, but I always leased where I had the ability to sell the car to whomever I wanted at the end. So having some handshake arbitrary value from the dealer two months before I planned on selling the car wouldn't do me any good, and I wouldn't take it to the bank. Also, most dealers would be happy to buy your car from you whether you buy from them or not.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Slides
So, have to ask, but why?
I’ve been a bmw guy for over ten years and I really miss them lol. I find the electronics very glitchy in the Audi. There is the obvious top view camera issue where it reverts to the graphic (long thread on here about it). But more frustrating is how the car always goes back without any rhyme or reason. For example I don’t care to see all the xm channels, why can’t it stay in the presets? I constantly have to change from radio/xm to presets. All the time. Same with phone. Show me the damn favorites. Yet I always have to change over to the favorites (this is in the instrument cluster). I find myself clicking around a lot.

Then the most frustrating is the music. I stream via my iPhone using Bluetooth. I put my music on shuffle. For some reason then the next songs don’t display (this happens 90% of the time). I only see the song that’s currently playing. The only thing to do is to put next track (using the volume ****) and it’ll go to the next track, but you can’t see what the next songs are. So I have to go song by song. Oh and Apple play stopped working a while back but honestly i hated it. CarPlay doesn’t work well without a touchscreen

and that’s just the electronics. I feel like the bmw drove better (I’m used to rear wheel drive). However if I’m paying $10k to get out of the lease I’ll keep it
Old 04-26-2018, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by freshpow78
That was my thought too. In fact my car was not projected to land in the dealer for 4 months. Didn't seem like I could do anything at the time I ordered. In fact I asked about it and they said that would be handed when I took delivery of the car so I took it at that.

Quick Reply: Trade in value for 18 s5 cab ?