Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Trade in value for 18 s5 cab ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by machz
Easily I did it without any problem at all. They will ask normal of miles you drive and factor that in, also the condition must be the same at time of sale. I have done it for my last 3 vehicles as I normally order instead of taking off the lot. Think of it from a dealers perspective. They can now low ball you knowing they have the car you want. Sure you can walk away but I'm guessing you put a deposit down that you will likely lose and they will sell the car to someone else anyway. If you have a good dealer that you have a relationship with this may not happen but I wouldn't take that chance.
I don't know what dealer you are working with but my dealer has fully refundable deposits. So I could walk away (I won't) but I could. Thankfully I am not pressed to get rid of my current car if the dealer offer is terrible, but so far my dealer experience has been positive.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdpeterman
I don't know what dealer you are working with but my dealer has fully refundable deposits. So I could walk away (I won't) but I could. Thankfully I am not pressed to get rid of my current car if the dealer offer is terrible, but so far my dealer experience has been positive.
Many dealers will not refund your deposit not all that's why I said likely. Also it's common sense that negotiating a trade after your ordered car is sitting on the lot won't normally get you the best deal. I never said that you couldn't get a good deal it's just less likely.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Many dealers will not refund your deposit not all that's why I said likely. Also it's common sense that negotiating a trade after your ordered car is sitting on the lot won't normally get you the best deal. I never said that you couldn't get a good deal it's just less likely.
Easy solution: Don't enter into a lease agreement that doesn't allow you to sell the car without incurring any fees to anyone you want before the term is up.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by freshpow78
Easy solution: Don't enter into a lease agreement that doesn't allow you to sell the car without incurring any fees to anyone you want before the term is up.
I agree but the question was about trade in value.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree but the question was about trade in value.
yea I still don't understand your point. Every offer I've ever gotten on any vehicle has always come with an expiration, whether it's from a dealership, CarMax, or my lessor. It's not a very smart idea to make someone an offer for anything without putting an expiration on it.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by freshpow78
yea I still don't understand your point. Every offer I've ever gotten on any vehicle has always come with an expiration, whether it's from a dealership, CarMax, or my lessor. It's not a very smart idea to make someone an offer for anything without putting an expiration on it.
My point is that you can negotiate the trade at the time of ordering that is still applicable at the time of arrival. The question was asked about trade at the time of pickup and all I said was he had a better chance at a good deal at time of order. I didn't say there was no chance of a good deal after. Just because you have never done is doesn't make it untrue. As much as you want to argue, the fact is and any salesperson will tell you that your odds are better to negotiate any deal at the time of order if you are going to need to trade.