Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Waxing/Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Show pics of any straight line reflection...

Originally Posted by wam22
Chemical Guys Jet Seal has been fantastic. A wax you have to apply every 6-12 months and a sealant every 12-18 months. If you are looking for a more long-term solution, look for some type of ceramic coating. They are more expensive (can range from $50-$2000 for a bottle) but can last 3-10 years without needing to reapply.
Mirror finish OEMs are not.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Me likeee...look like Honda Accord Touring wheels

Originally Posted by KCTiger83
Beautiful! I challenge any of the critics of the OEM 20s to say that your wheels don't look good. This pic is stunning. If you don't own these wheels, you don't understand the nuances built into them that separate them from the Hyundai or Kia or whatever comparisons. Anyway-great job, and I also love this product. not cheap or easy, but wonderful results.
And that's a good thing. The Honda Accord/Clarity not so much.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

RejeX. Applied two coats. It's like a lotion in consistency, start with a freshly washed dry car, preferably in a clean garage or certainly in the shade, apply with a microfiber applicator let it dry and wipe off no buffing needed. I am not sure it may be Stoddard solvent based That's how it smells) and may contain a very fine polishing compound too.

RejeX.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

I’ve been using Adams Polishes buttery wax and their H2O Gaurd and Gloss (sealant).

The wax wax gives a very nice deep color and shine. The sealant doesn’t have as much depth but the shine is nice and it lasts a pretty long time.

these pics are after wash, clay bar, wax.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JBDinTX

i am am really happy with my Gtechniq coating. It has a 10 year warranty

couldnt agree more. Had the same coating applied - even my lease- and it is amazing. Third car I have had ceramic coated and nothing else compares. I used to apply Wolfgang Sealant and it would last a few months, but GTechniq is amazing.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've used Zaino for almost 20 years, and have always been amazed by it's depth and longevity. But, now, I'm wondering if it's time to go ceramic. I'm also wondering if I can do Zaino and then topcoat it with Ceramic, so, not sure so I sent a note to the Zaino owner Sal. We'll see. I'm thinking it's one or the other, not layered.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tundraman
I've used Zaino for almost 20 years, and have always been amazed by it's depth and longevity. But, now, I'm wondering if it's time to go ceramic. I'm also wondering if I can do Zaino and then topcoat it with Ceramic, so, not sure so I sent a note to the Zaino owner Sal. We'll see. I'm thinking it's one or the other, not layered.
Cant use Ceramic over the Zaino....BUT you technically can use Zaino over the ceramic. Not sure why you would though. Ceramic coatings have the same shine properties as Other sealants/waxes. I too used to use Zaino, but the GTechniq is every bit as “slick” looking as Zaino. You will be amazed by ceramic coatings....and you only have to do it one time!
Old 10-13-2018, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Goeddgr

Cant use Ceramic over the Zaino....BUT you technically can use Zaino over the ceramic. Not sure why you would though. Ceramic coatings have the same shine properties as Other sealants/waxes. I too used to use Zaino, but the GTechniq is every bit as “slick” looking as Zaino. You will be amazed by ceramic coatings....and you only have to do it one time!
Thanks for that info!!! It looks like I'm going ceramic only then!
Old 10-13-2018, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Waste of time with OEM paint jobs.

Originally Posted by Tundraman
Thanks for that info!!! It looks like I'm going ceramic only then!
Until/unless the paint is corrected so the orange peel is gone, why bother. Just check the reflection of an overhead fluorescent tube...they look like jagged lightning bolts.

The new water-based paints used on cars as well as the quality control checks or after paint wet sand and buff are just insufficient.