Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Well it's official...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot Ice=-
I have the Conti's too. My M3 thankfully came with PS2's compared to the Conti counterpart. What's the other tire coming with the S5's?
Hankooks...
Old 01-17-2018, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by heisnuts
Congratulations. I am sure glad you were able to dodge the rain on the way home. That could have been a disaster...
LOL...
Old 01-17-2018, 06:12 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

Now you need to install the Sto & Go plate holder, get her tinted and look into getting the low-profile European style rear headrests!

Oh...

and actually read the manual!
Old 01-17-2018, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by N8!
Now you need to install the Sto & Go plate holder, get her tinted and look into getting the low-profile European style rear headrests!

Oh...

and actually read the manual!
LOL...I know.

I'm gonna wait on the Sto 'N Go until long after I receive my plates, will order CA retro black plates and wait for them to arrive before I install...I'll use that temporary registration as my excuse as long as I can!

Other observations:

1) Love the sound the doors make when they close, an absolute dead nuts clunk like closing a safe.

2) Try as we might, neither me or the salesman could ever get the trunk to auto close using my our legs after many attempts, so I guess that feature is useless and I despise having to touch the paint when closing the trunk.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
LOL...I know.

I'm gonna wait on the Sto 'N Go until long after I receive my plates, will order CA retro black plates and wait for them to arrive before I install...I'll use that temporary registration as my excuse as long as I can!

Other observations:

1) Love the sound the doors make when they close, an absolute dead nuts clunk like closing a safe.

2) Try as we might, neither me or the salesman could ever get the trunk to auto close using my our legs after many attempts, so I guess that feature is useless and I despise having to touch the paint when closing the trunk.
i thought the auto close was for the SB only?
Old 01-17-2018, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
LOL...I know.

Other observations:

The coupes do not have power close for the trunk. I would have loved to have seen a video of a sales person standing there kicking under the bumper with the trunk open.... Just thinking of it makes me laugh.

Last edited by heisnuts; 01-17-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by heisnuts
The coupes do not have power close for the trunk. I would have loved to have seen a video of a sales person standing there kicking under the bumper with the trunk open.... Just thinking of it makes me laugh.
He was doing a river dance 💃 my wife was cracking up lol.Checked the tire pressure this morning cold, they were set @45 psi so probably expanded to around 48-50 on the drive home...should ride much smoother now...crazy dealership technicians.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car, congrats and enjoy!!

The interior in the B9's is immaculate. Still smiling after 2 months in mine!
Old 01-17-2018, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default More observations...

Originally Posted by Stratman22
Beautiful car, congrats and enjoy!!

The interior in the B9's is immaculate. Still smiling after 2 months in mine!
Thanks, it is sharp indeed.

Speaking of sharp, I did check the trim on my front speakers and they seemed fine to me, if I jamb my finger into the edge, I can feel the slightest bit of sharpness but would be impossible to get cut unless a towel or something like that got caught and pulled it out, will continue to monitor it.

Drove the car today and the tire pressure felt much better without the extra 8 lbs of air, so that was nice.
I also set it in Sport mode and was pleased to see almost all of the turbo lag was gone, sounded better and I like the rev-matching on the downshifts, just like my F-Type.

I tried to install my Audi-issued C/F license plate frame and what should have taken 2 minutes ended up being a no-go for now, has anyone tried changing out their rear frame?
Mine came with black plastic bolts which only thread in about 2 turns (or 1/16 inch) before bottoming out, you can see they only go in a hair.
Their dealer frame was thicker than mine so they wouldn't tighten, even with spacers in the back...and trying to align both sides without dropping anything and scratching my cars started making me frustrated so I gave up...will need to source smaller bolts...what a PITA.

I like to remove my plate each year at renewal time to clean behind and align my sticker perfectly straight, I can't stand when people are too lazy and just slap them on crooked so I will need to find an easier way to deal with this.

Rant off...
Old 01-17-2018, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hey guys I noticed today my virtual cockpit looks generic and without the Google street views like I had yesterday...what am I doing wrong, thanks.

Quick Reply: Well it's official...