Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

What I don't like about my 18 s5 sportback

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My list (many are relative to the 2013 S4 I switched from):

1. LED light on bottom door panel is white, doesn't match the rest of the lighting, despite the fact that there are two other adjustable zones
2. Stereo is very lacking in mid-bass (B&O)
​3. Stop the car, LCD display stays on and won't turn off, even after 10 mins have passed
4. No quick way to get to Android auto (menu, scroll vice one button press like all other inputs)
5. Fuel gauge non-analog (really? I can't determine fuel level to less than an eight of a tank? Ridiculous...)
6. Cup holders - even short cups hit buttons above during ingress/egress
7. Range is in a weird spot. Why not part of the trip computer?
8. Functionality of wing buttons to right and left side of MMI wheel is weird and inconsistent (more left side than right)
9. Eight preset buttons can only be used for radio. Why not presets for anything, like BMW? (Dial specific phone number, display map in certain mode, select virtual cockpit view and displays, etc). How many people really need specific buttons for radio inputs?
10. Sunroof only semi-opaque. I hate Audi's preference for using screens instead of solid shades. S4 had a solid shades with vents, which did a great job at keeping heat out. Not at all the case for the screen in the 5.
11. In enhanced virtual cockpit mode, visual of the car isn't functional in normal operation (unless something is wrong). This space could be used for something else.
12. Seat warmers still suck at any setting below high. Third setting is no longer therapuetically warm (but does persist past 10 mins, at least)
13. Parking sensor doesn't default to top down camera mode no matter what I do
14. Glove box is a joke - can't even fit my Tab S2 tablet.
15. No CD player on the dash (can't use for cell phone mount)
16. Windows in the rear don't lower that far (~60% open), same with "panaramic" sunroof

Sounds like a lot, but I fully admit these are really nitpicky.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Neon01
My list (many are relative to the 2013 S4 I switched from):

1. LED light on bottom door panel is white, doesn't match the rest of the lighting, despite the fact that there are two other adjustable zones
There's a cheap mod for this and a good thread with pictures/steps etc. Just have order two different door lights and piggy back off the other lights inside the door. Well worth the effort for this annoying one.

Can't do much about most of your other annoyances. I have the top down display on mine...can't remember what I did but certain it's fixable. I turned my seat heat up with my obdeleven. Much warmer now.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

someone mentioned items sliding forward in center console .
that has happened to me also. this morning i cut a small piece of 1/8 inch thick plywood with a utility knife,
then colored it with black sharpie,and placed it in. quick,easy fix.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here are a few:

(1) The Napa leather seats do not extend the leather to the right side of the drivers seat or the left of the passenger front seat. The cloth there really makes the car feel less high end.

(2) Light steering.

(3) Buggy MMI (Bluetooth player, camera, etc, see my other threads for more on this one)

(4) B&O sound lacks quality mids (highs are great though)

(5) No full leather dash option.

I have a Coupe, not a sport back, but I think my answers still probably generally apply.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 140 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by mmorais
There's a cheap mod for this and a good thread with pictures/steps etc. Just have order two different door lights and piggy back off the other lights inside the door. Well worth the effort for this annoying one.

Can't do much about most of your other annoyances. I have the top down display on mine...can't remember what I did but certain it's fixable. I turned my seat heat up with my obdeleven. Much warmer now.
Can you post a link to the thread on the LED mod? Thanks.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,246 Likes on 769 Posts

[QUOTE=isaywhateveryo;25051827]Here are a few:

(1) The Napa leather seats do not extend the leather to the right side of the drivers seat or the left of the passenger front seat. The cloth there really makes the car feel less high end.

The area you speak of is a high wear area where the seat belt connector would rub the Napa leather and it would look bad in no time. I think it is still leather, just suede finished correct? Or is yours some kind of other material?

Last edited by synergize; 10-14-2017 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=synergize;25051876]
Originally Posted by isaywhateveryo
Here are a few:

The area you speak of is a high wear area where the seat belt connector would rub the Napa leather and it would look bad in no time. I think it is still leather, just suede finished correct? Or is yours some kind of other material?
That's not the area I mean. I meant on the inside between the seat and the console. See the cloth part in the attached picture.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=isaywhateveryo;25051882]
Originally Posted by synergize
That's not the area I mean. I meant on the inside between the seat and the console. See the cloth part in the attached picture.
Really? That's so nitpicky
Old 10-14-2017, 08:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=prashanth1337;25051897]
Originally Posted by isaywhateveryo

Really? That's so nitpicky
I mean, I still like the car, but we are listing things that annoy us in this thread. I don’t get why they’d put cloth right there other than to save costs. None of my previous cars did that. And the Napa leather seats are otherwise so nice (that stitching is killer).
Old 10-15-2017, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiz33
Can you post a link to the thread on the LED mod? Thanks.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...akers-2923747/

Quick Reply: What I don't like about my 18 s5 sportback