Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

What Kind of Deals Out There on RS5 So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer's website had lowered the price of the RS5 by $2K off MSRP. When I came into buy, they told me it was a mistake and didn't want to honor it. After much conversation they agreed. Very frustrating purchase.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

You should be able to get at least 6% off msrp in the east coast if not more. Don't settle for anything less.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Audirs518
You should be able to get at least 6% off msrp in the east coast if not more. Don't settle for anything less.
That sounds good. I’d be happy to see 6% off MSRP on the RS5 SB! That’s what I had inserted in my spreadsheet a few weeks ago, but realize it is wishful thinking....

Last edited by WillieFlo; 06-18-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

I live on the east coast and the two Audi dealers I've talked to about ordering a RS5 Sportback when available have both told me to expect very little if any discount under MSRP. Now this might be because I'm going to special order one once they start taking orders for them to get exactly what I want instead of waiting for the random configured ones arrive on buy one off the lot. That being said, none of the RS5 Coupes these dealers have received so far have stayed on the lot long enough for me to even go and see one in person yet. They have all be pre-sold before arriving or sold shortly after arriving on the lot.

I'm also more inclined to think that the majority of them will be sold at or close to MSRP since a) RS models are excluded from the 6% ACNA Member discount and b) are also excluded from the 5% European Delivery discount. I believe Audi chips in half to all of that discount for both of those programs so the dealers do not losing as much off their profit margin. Also based on the RS5 Coupe order sheets floating around, MSRP looks to be about 6% over Invoice so seems even harder for me to believe that a dealer would sell a RS car and make little to no profit from it unless they are having a hard time selling them / they have been on the lot of weeks which doesn't seem to be the case at my local dealers.

I'm not saying getting a discount is impossible or anyone that says they have received a sweet discount is lying. What I've said above is based on what I've read from others who have already purchased an RS5 Coupe, what I've heard from my local dealers and my gut feeling from other information at hand.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by heymoe
I live on the east coast and the two Audi dealers I've talked to about ordering a RS5 Sportback when available have both told me to expect very little if any discount under MSRP. Now this might be because I'm going to special order one once they start taking orders for them to get exactly what I want instead of waiting for the random configured ones arrive on buy one off the lot. That being said, none of the RS5 Coupes these dealers have received so far have stayed on the lot long enough for me to even go and see one in person yet. They have all be pre-sold before arriving or sold shortly after arriving on the lot.

I'm also more inclined to think that the majority of them will be sold at or close to MSRP since a) RS models are excluded from the 6% ACNA Member discount and b) are also excluded from the 5% European Delivery discount. I believe Audi chips in half to all of that discount for both of those programs so the dealers do not losing as much off their profit margin. Also based on the RS5 Coupe order sheets floating around, MSRP looks to be about 6% over Invoice so seems even harder for me to believe that a dealer would sell a RS car and make little to no profit from it unless they are having a hard time selling them / they have been on the lot of weeks which doesn't seem to be the case at my local dealers.

I'm not saying getting a discount is impossible or anyone that says they have received a sweet discount is lying. What I've said above is based on what I've read from others who have already purchased an RS5 Coupe, what I've heard from my local dealers and my gut feeling from other information at hand.
Great pay MSRP for the car you deserve it.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

I doubt any dealer will discount and RS5 at this point. The supply is limited and demand is high. There is barely 6% in any Audi, so why would you think that a dealer will sell a high demand car at close to invoice price?
Old 06-19-2018, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 19hole
I doubt any dealer will discount and RS5 at this point. The supply is limited and demand is high. There is barely 6% in any Audi, so why would you think that a dealer will sell a high demand car at close to invoice price?
Yeah ok then pay MSRP for the RS5. LOL.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Great pay MSRP for the car you deserve it.
Yeah ok then pay MSRP for the RS5. LOL.
Smug much? Look, as I said in my post, I'm not saying deals can't be had or calling people that have received a great deal, like yourself, a liar. I've read your posts about this subject in this and other threads on this forum and honestly I'm happy for you BUT all because you got a great deal does not mean everyone can get the same great deal. Maybe your dealer was being super generous. Maybe this is the 10th car you purchased from the same dealers / sales person in the last 10 years and they were like, we've made plenty of money off of them, we'll let them have this one. Maybe the RS5 Coupe you got had some sort of flaw that you don't know about, Maybe it had some options that dealer knows are hard to sale (color combo, ceramic brakes, etc..) in their area. Maybe your car has been siting on the lot for weeks already. etc.. etc... Who really knows. There are so many variable at play that your situation does not equal everyone's situation.

What I do know is that the majority of the people here have reported that they paid MSRP of very little under that for their RS5 Coupe. Maybe you're just a better negotiator than everyone else on here so good job. No one wants to pay MSRP. I'm personally trying to stack the deck in my favor to try and get some sort of deal when it comes time to place my order but I also know if I walk away because the dealer wasn't going to give me a deal that there is someone else in line right behind me to take my spot for a RS5 Sportback. Sure I can call every dealer in X radius around me to try and get a good deal. I did that with my current car and I flew several states over to pick it up and drove it home but that all costs additional time and money that eats into any discount that I was able to work out and there come a point that it's not worth the extra effort.

My post was to add some perspective because all of your posts make it sound like everyone and anyone should be able to get 6% for an RS5 Coupe / Sportback with a scoop of your if you don't get 6% you suck attitude. As I said, I'm sure some people will get a nice deal but I'm not going to get my hopes up on this particular car. I've personally budgeted for MSRP and if I get it for less, great BUT I'm not going to budget expecting a 6% discount because one person said it's easy to get and then have to walk away and not get a car because I can't find a dealer to give me that and I can't afford it otherwise.

So once again, kudos to you and your great deal but your one data point is an outlier at this point in time.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 589 Likes on 423 Posts

Custom order vs. buying an in stock model off the lot will impact the discount (if any) you get.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default especially late in the model year...

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Custom order vs. buying an in stock model off the lot will impact the discount (if any) you get.
Generally these discounts (on German cars, at least) don't even pay for the accelerated depreciation.

Quick Reply: What Kind of Deals Out There on RS5 So Far?