Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

What strange issues have you experienced?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by comptr
Got my car back from the dealership, it seems my car was not programed properly, so its the reason why my trunk would not close on my A5 SB. Also I have a question does your Audi dealer charge for loners ? As of Feb 1st my dealer chargers 20.00 and it covers gas, wheel curbing & cracked windshield. I prefer to just fill the gas and return it, since I don't usually use the loner much.
$20 for gas? Assume that means you pay for gas, but can bring it back on empty and not get charged? Windshield isn't helpful as most have windshield coverage and really, how often does that happen (knocking on wood)
Old 02-28-2018, 04:47 PM
TLD
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sun visor issues

My 2018 A5 Quattro convertible has a recurring issue with the drivers side sun visor. It has not broken off in my hand while trying to use it twice. Twice in 90 days of ownership
I am very frustrated and wonder if other owners have the same issue.
When the dealer last replaced it he said it was "a known issue"

Originally Posted by 3cat
It's a bit scary all the little problems some of our cars are having, mainly seems to be electrical/computer issues for me. The other day my s5 was sitting in the garage and the interior led strip lights came on for no apparent reason and then shut off after about 30 seconds. Then a day later after arriving home and shutting off the car I went into the house (taking my key with me) for a couple minutes then returning to the garage to hear the stereo playing in the car. The only way to shut it off was to restart the car and shut off again. Oh and then there is the crazy window rolling itself down issue that somehow resolved itself for now at least.

Maybe she is possessed? Thought about calling her Christine.

What strange issue have you had?
Old 02-28-2018, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TLD
My 2018 A5 Quattro convertible has a recurring issue with the drivers side sun visor. It has not broken off in my hand while trying to use it twice. Twice in 90 days of ownership
I am very frustrated and wonder if other owners have the same issue.
When the dealer last replaced it he said it was "a known issue"
I have an 18' A5 Cabrio and the only cork I have is the well document Apple Car issue ... no other problems (and the sun visor works fine) own it also for 90 days.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TanStarfield
  • Lumbar support randomly inflates while driving. Previously reported. Others seeing same intermittent problem. 2nd visit for this item.
    • They couldn’t recreate. They contacted Audi and said there were NO REPORTS OF THIS ISSUE. I know a lot of people on the forum here are saying they are also seeing it. PLEASE REPORT THE ISSUE IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS ISSUE!
My haunted lumbar support is very very very consistent, so consistent that its not random at all anymore. It also happens to both front seats simultaneously.
It occurs at the same time after engine start every morning. But then it doesn't occur again all the rest of the day. Haha which is strange, but maybe the car needs to settle overnight before the ghost comes back.
This is in the S5. In the TT-RS, it's truly haunted and random. It occurs at anytime during a drive, and it doesn't happen to both seats simultaneously. And it can affect not only lumbar but the side bolsters.

In the many times I've taken the S5 to the dealer, I've mentioned this issue to them, but like you, they haven't recreated it and haven't heard it reported by anyone else. The haunting only happens first thing in the morning! So of course they can't replicate it
Old 03-01-2018, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by friguy3
$20 for gas? Assume that means you pay for gas, but can bring it back on empty and not get charged? Windshield isn't helpful as most have windshield coverage and really, how often does that happen (knocking on wood)
Yes, when I signed the paperwork for the loaner, it said the 20.00 covers gas, windshield and damage to the rims. They told me not to fill up the gas since the 20.00 covers it.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Has anyone had their Radio/Nav Display black out ? Today the screen had blacked out once I put the car in reverse and when I put it back into park it would flicker out of CarPlay to a blank screen. Also when I was driving home it happened a few times on my way home. Is this normal ?
Old 03-09-2018, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by comptr
Has anyone had their Radio/Nav Display black out ? Today the screen had blacked out once I put the car in reverse and when I put it back into park it would flicker out of CarPlay to a blank screen. Also when I was driving home it happened a few times on my way home. Is this normal ?
I've had mine freeze once, and had to press the Nav & Radio buttons plus the mmi wheel to reset it (I believe). Have not had it black out as far as I can remember. Have had an obscene number of issues with Apple Carplay though.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, I was about to buy a S5 SB, but after reading this thread, I think I'll hold onto my trouble-free 2006 A3 for few more years..
Old 03-12-2018, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Waggin
Well, I was about to buy a S5 SB, but after reading this thread, I think I'll hold onto my trouble-free 2006 A3 for few more years..
Now that cars are all controlled by a multitude of computers, it is a very common theme to have electronic gremlins. Foreign, domestic, doesn't matter. I'm not trying to bail Audi out, because there are a few things with mine that really tick me off, but I would not single Audi out in this regard as this is a common problem with cars today.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by freshpow78
Now that cars are all controlled by a multitude of computers, it is a very common theme to have electronic gremlins. Foreign, domestic, doesn't matter. I'm not trying to bail Audi out, because there are a few things with mine that really tick me off, but I would not single Audi out in this regard as this is a common problem with cars today.
I totally agree.. Good luck finding a brand that has zero bugs today. Look at what happened to Fords rating just because of Sync, if you want cutting edge technology you are going to have a few bugs. I have a couple of them and it hasn't changed my overall driving impression and would buy again in a heartbeat.

Quick Reply: What strange issues have you experienced?