Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Woo Hoo!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Just received the 3rd of 4 emails...

"Dear Mr. Lipori,

The production of your Audi S5 is complete. Your vehicle is now on its way to the port of Emden, where it will be scheduled to start its journey across the ocean to the United States. Soon, you’ll be behind the wheel of your custom-ordered and uniquely personal Audi S5. Once your vehicle arrives in the United States, I’ll contact you to schedule your delivery.

Until then, I invite you to explore helpful online content that explains some of the most technologically advanced features of your new Audi vehicle."
Old 11-13-2017, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

That is awesome news! If only I had got even one auto-generated email giving me the status of my build/delivery.
Sometime I question my decision to not get the red Nappa upholstery. Then I remember I got Navarra and that it may not be a good mix.
My sales guy did mention that my $1k deposit would not have been fully refundable if I got that color combo.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
That is awesome news! If only I had got even one auto-generated email giving me the status of my build/delivery.
Sometime I question my decision to not get the red Nappa upholstery. Then I remember I got Navarra and that it may not be a good mix.
My sales guy did mention that my $1k deposit would not have been fully refundable if I got that color combo.
That's funny...because if you remember, that was my original color combo.
My dealer had no problem ordering it in that configuration and no deposit, had I changed my mind for any reason, that would be a stock vehicle for them.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received this email from Vincenzo this morning, anyone know the process for tracking the vessel...?

"Good morning Mr. Lipori,
I do have some good news for you! Your vehicle was loaded onto the vessel Galveston Highway on the 17th destined for the port of Benicia, CA."
Old 11-20-2017, 12:24 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

To me, this phase was the loooooongest part of the wait.

But the end is near(ish).
Old 11-20-2017, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by N8!
To me, this phase was the loooooongest part of the wait.

But the end is near(ish).
I've been waiting since July 2nd...almost exclusive paint territory!
Old 11-20-2017, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
I've been waiting since July 2nd...almost exclusive paint territory!
We ordered our 2017 XC90 T8 on April, and was delivered on November!
Old 11-20-2017, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Received this email from Vincenzo this morning, anyone know the process for tracking the vessel...?

"Good morning Mr. Lipori,
I do have some good news for you! Your vehicle was loaded onto the vessel Galveston Highway on the 17th destined for the port of Benicia, CA."
Looks like a K-line ship (color and the prominent letter "K" in the chaminé --- https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...VESTON_HIGHWAY). Those are hard to track... mine came on a K-line as well. Kline website does not provide a lot of clarity, but I was able to find this (http://www.kline.co.jp/en/service/ca...CSERVICE_1.pdf) high level view of their typical ports... mine followed this exactly same delivery pattern. However you say yours is going to Port of Benicia. I couldn't find any other info on their websites (Service Map | KAWASAKI KISEN KAISHA, LTD.) or ("K" Line Europe Ltd.) or ("K" Line America, Inc. Ocean Carrier and Railroad Cargo Transportation Shipping Agency). You can follow and track the progress of the ship with the first link above.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Looks like a K-line ship (color and the prominent letter "K" in the chaminé --- https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...VESTON_HIGHWAY). Those are hard to track... mine came on a K-line as well. Kline website does not provide a lot of clarity, but I was able to find this (http://www.kline.co.jp/en/service/ca...CSERVICE_1.pdf) high level view of their typical ports... mine followed this exactly same delivery pattern. However you say yours is going to Port of Benicia. I couldn't find any other info on their websites (Service Map KAWASAKI KISEN KAISHA, LTD.) or ("K" Line Europe Ltd.) or ("K" Line America, Inc. Ocean Carrier and Railroad Cargo Transportation Shipping Agency). You can follow and track the progress of the ship with the first link above.
Thanks...I played with that site and this is the Date Range I came up with:
2017-11-19 22:57 ~ 2018-01-19 22:57
Old 11-20-2017, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks...I played with that site and this is the Date Range I came up with:
2017-11-19 22:57 ~ 2018-01-19 22:57
It shouldn't take this long... for mine it took them 3 weeks from Emdem to San Diego. These ships don't stay more than 24 hours in a port. The Audi rep or the dealer are now able to give you a much more accurate port date as well as a dealer window delivery date.

Quick Reply: Woo Hoo!