Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Worst NAV ever

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Give it some time. This was my first in-car nav and I found it difficult and frustrating to input addresses and initially found its directions suspect. After about 6-7 months I’ve gotten used to it, find it easy to use and it’s arrival times are within minutes of apple maps.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by luder888
Give the new guy a break. It's not that foolish or dangerous to snap one picture. What I'm curious about is how he gets 445 miles range...
RIGHT!?
Old 05-11-2019, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by luder888
What I'm curious about is how he gets 445 miles range...
I had a 4 hour trip last week where I averaged over 33 mpg on it. When I stopped to fill up before heading to the hotel, it read 455 or something close to that. So the software was clearly using my recent mpg in the range equation (which makes sense). I think I usually see 415 or something close to that after a fill up.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

As a new to Audi owner, I would have to disagree with the OP. I've owned several vehicles with Nav systems and they all have their quirks, it just takes a little effort to work through them.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Trade_it_all_4_more
I had a 4 hour trip last week where I averaged over 33 mpg on it. When I stopped to fill up before heading to the hotel, it read 455 or something close to that. So the software was clearly using my recent mpg in the range equation (which makes sense). I think I usually see 415 or something close to that after a fill up.
Took a 5 hour trip last weekend and when I filled up prior, mine said 435...
Old 05-11-2019, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deazy
First post by audimdm. I smell a troll. You've obviously never used nav in other cars.
Exactly... I joined 6 months ago just so I could wait all this time to "troll" about Audi's awesome Nav system 🙄. Yes, I have used Nav in other cars but this one clearly should've given up on that route several miles ago. Horrible.

I guess the "Cross traffic assist rear" is just me "trolling" because I should ENJOY the car GRINDING my brakes as I back out of my driveway when I haven't even gotten close to the sidewalk, much less the actual road where a car is coming. Again, horrible!

And the "Parking system, rear" feature that annoyingly BEEPS when I turn my car on because there's something in FRONT of my car ... who cares that the car is in PARK or REVERSE even, and it's physically impossible for me to hit that object. I know, great "feature", awesome car ... I'm just "trolling".

Don't get me wrong, I like the car in general and was really excited when I bought it 6 months ago. But now using this BUGGY technology with absolutely NO way to disable it is annoying. I shouldn't have to be Audi's beta tester after paying $45k+ for this car.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

My wife drives a Mercedes GL and the Audi nav is light years better. it's not perfect that is for sure. I rent a lot of different cars when i travel so i actually don't mind coming back to the RS. There are so many out there that are much worse.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by audimdm
Exactly... I joined 6 months ago just so I could wait all this time to "troll" about Audi's awesome Nav system 🙄. Yes, I have used Nav in other cars but this one clearly should've given up on that route several miles ago. Horrible.

I guess the "Cross traffic assist rear" is just me "trolling" because I should ENJOY the car GRINDING my brakes as I back out of my driveway when I haven't even gotten close to the sidewalk, much less the actual road where a car is coming. Again, horrible!

And the "Parking system, rear" feature that annoyingly BEEPS when I turn my car on because there's something in FRONT of my car ... who cares that the car is in PARK or REVERSE even, and it's physically impossible for me to hit that object. I know, great "feature", awesome car ... I'm just "trolling".

Don't get me wrong, I like the car in general and was really excited when I bought it 6 months ago. But now using this BUGGY technology with absolutely NO way to disable it is annoying. I shouldn't have to be Audi's beta tester after paying $45k+ for this car.
Every car will turn on the front parking sensors when you go into reverse, not just Audi. You're better off just not opting for that feature if it annoys you that much.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 647 Likes on 420 Posts

So if you think this is the worst ever and you've driven cars with better, I'd be interested to hear what's so much better? I've owned Audi, Lexus, Infiniti, Toyota, Mazda, Ford, VW, Genesis, MB, Subaru, Honda and Acura. Out of that entire list only the Genesis was easier to operate and generally better route options/guidance. I've heard that BMW iDrive navigation may be slightly better and perhaps the new Merc MBUX systems but what else?
Old 05-11-2019, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

I can say from experience that Audi's system is far better than Lexus'.

Quick Reply: Worst NAV ever