Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

2003 Quattro 2.7, air suspension has no power, and front is on the ground

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by christianaudi
Hello. I did scan for codes and got one unrelated. ( bank 1 rich)
So the system has power still and it was filling the rear suspension but the front was not moving at all. I removed the solenoid valve block because it just made since that everything was working bud no air to the front so maybe a solenoid is stuck or something. Does that sound correct to you? also will adding a small amount of PB-Blaster or wd40 be recommended?
Since the part is $100-$400 U.S. bucks, I wanted to try to bench test it with a power supply. Is there a way to do this and or is there a schematic for the valve block, or even just the plug on the block?
I feel like I'm getting very close.
Thank you!
No WD No Blaster. chace for air pressure leaks from the front air springs. It is unusual for the valve block to be stuck. Check for error codes in the level control system chapter 34 on the scanner (only in VAG scanner)

Last edited by amiram; 06-22-2019 at 04:11 AM.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok no blaster or wd40

OK. No Blaster or WD40, but cam you translate the diagram for the solenoid valve block connector so I can test it. I have no clue even what language that is.
Thank you.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by christianaudi
OK. No Blaster or WD40, but cam you translate the diagram for the solenoid valve block connector so I can test it. I have no clue even what language that is.
Thank you.

Old 07-06-2019, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed it!

Hello again. So , it seems as if I fixed it.
First problem was that someone had separated the plug from the air block next to the pump under the car next to the spare tire. When doing so, they broke the latching tab on the plug, therefore the connector wont latch and it worked its way loose. During my assessment of the air system issue, I had unplugged and when I re-plugged the power to the bloc, I found that I had power to the whole air system now. So that led me to the next issue. As I started the car and took it out of "JACK MODE" I could hear the compressor working, and then I began to see the front finally lifting ever so slowly. I thought that was it, but when I got out to look at it lifting, I could hear an air leak on the passenger front. so I put it back into "JACK MODE", shut it down, lifted the car and removed the wheel. It was plain as day. The air line had been crushed by what appears to be from someone bottoming out the wheel, like from a pot holw ore a curb. there is some scrubbing damage on the sheet metal in the wheel well. Fortunately the damage was near the end of the line and I was able to remove the line, cut off about 4 inches, remove the fitting pieces from the damaged end, and re-install the fitting to the air shock. After putting the tire back on, and shutting off "JACK MODE" I set the car down back on the ground, started it and it began to fill. after the system got to level 2, it stopped and has remained at that level for a week now. Kablammo! gotta love that. I almost bout the block too.
Thank you Amiram for your help, information and tips.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member