Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Audi service gets beat by audiworld.. Thanks guys..

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi service gets beat by audiworld.. Thanks guys..

Brought the AR in for a bunch of stuff the other day, one of them being the infamous squeak/rattle from the rear seat.. While talking with the service report writer, I emphasized numerous times that I needed the rattle fixed, and that it was a huge nuisance.. I can deal with a little rattle but honestly this is really loud, and imo unacceptable for a car that is only 1 year old.. As I was explaining this to the advisor I got the, "this happens, lubricant wears out and things make noise, its normal, audi considers it normal wear and tear, yada yada yada.. Needless to say I wasn't very happy being told audi accepts that a year old car sounded like a **** box..

Anyway, I got the car back, and as Im reading the report and jump to the rattle section and see.. "couldn't reproduce owners complaint"... I try to laugh, but this really isn't funny considering how loud the rattle is.. Considering the car was repaired at a dealership in the middle of NYC which is pothole heaven I found it real hard to believe this tech even drove the car.. I checked on audiworld to see if I was the only one with this problem.. Fortunately Im not, found a great writeup, put down the rear seats and the rattle is gone.. Tomorrow Im heading over to the autoparts store and picking up some silicone to finally fix the problem.. Just wanted to thank you guys for the help..

Now my question..
Has anyone ever got a rattle fixed by an Audi dealership? This would be my fourth dealership and while most of the time the service is okay, I don't think Ive ever walked away saying wow, that was a great experience.. Its almost like they intentionally don't fix things so you have to come back.. &gt;:|<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/38576.phtml">Solution to my problem..</a></li></ul>