Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Finally figured out On*star Virtual Advisor

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Finally figured out On*star Virtual Advisor

The On*star "level one" folks are very willing to help and very friendly. But no matter what I tried to do, I couldn't get them to tell me what I needed to get my allroad to read my e-mail to me.

They kept telling me I needed all kinds of technical information, which -- YOU DO NOT NEED.

Now I just say "virtual advisor" Get my email and "ta da" it works. Traffic, weather, dow and nasdaq, etc etc etc.

I finally have my voice input phone book and my text phone book updated too -- this is one slick system. I did not have to train it, it gets my commands right about 95% of the time and if it misses a command the first time it always gets it the second time -- heck even my Sheltie isn't THAT good, and neither is my wife (yuk yuk)!

If you haven't tried all the stuff that On*star can do or have had the email problems I had, I can help you.

Actually, once I explained what I was trying to do to level 2 support at On*star, we had it working in two email exchanges of instructions!

good bye

On*star virtual advisor request ended.

And the ON*star "lady" has a pretty nice voice for a computer!!
Old 04-10-2003, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It'd be a loooong drive, before the Virtual Advisor got done reading my email to me...

I can get a few hundred messages a day! (Depends on the phase of work I'm in...)
Old 04-12-2003, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: It'd be a loooong drive, before the Virtual Advisor got done reading my email to me...

I use Lotus Notes and have a Lotus Agent that only sends selected emails to me: I have chosen to receive emails from my company's officers, a manager, my wife, my mother and my mother in-law.

I too get way too many messages to have them all sent to On*star. The cool thing is that you can reply to them while you are driving!