Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

help with headlight leveling sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with headlight leveling sensor?

Looking for some help with this one, for the 3rd time since i have had the ar I am having issues with the suspension light and headlight leveling system.
1st time it happened 2 years ago, for a couple days the lights went on and off, then finally just stayed off and didn't come back, so I fingured ok, just a glitch.
2nd time was this july on a road trip to montana, 1st day on and off again, then both stayed on for 2 weeks until i took to the dealer. They VAG'd and found fault 5051 /5052 and replaced the headlight leveling sensor and all fixed.
3rd time was just this friday evening, I was doing a little offroading on the way back from a great bouldering spot in tahoe when it came on. It did the on / off thing all the way home from tahoe. I haven't driven it since.
Any thoughts on why this would keep reoccuring even though the part has been replaced. Could something be causing the sensor to malfunction, why would the lights go on and off seemingly intermittently?
Note that the suspension still works and both auto and manually adjusts between all levels. The only real problem is the lights won't level and the severely annoying beep every time the light comes on then goes back out.
Any thoughts welcome.
Thanks,
~ZH
Old 09-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, thanks for 'all' the feedback guys ~