Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

How do I tow my allroad with front end busted

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I tow my allroad with front end busted

Need Help. My 02 Allroad was just in for service drove home and the next day both right and left front are sitting way down. (maybe even past 1 if possible). The car will not raise when I start or when I try manually. From the posts I've read it sounds like its not an airbag issue (also did the soap test and there were only very small bubbles in a few places, not a big enough leak to account for whats happened. Also never noticed any saggin on either side, and I always look for that) and ideas? Also curious how I would tow the car. I am worried about major scraping when putting it up on a flatbed, I couldnt even pull it into my driveway. It will go into Jack Mode but it does not raise the car any. Back is fine riding high. Compressor seems like its working. I feel like I hear small whining sound I never heard almost like a dying motor?

Please Help.

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What "service" did you take it in for? Did they jack up the car without using jack mode?

You need to scan the suspension for fault codes to see if it is a sensor issue, compressor issue, or just a leak. You could try jack the car up a little in the front(both sides together) and then let the compressor run and see if it will lift or at least get enough air to hold itself up.

Sounds like leaky front bags and a weak compressor.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Took it in for regular service (oil change, new spark plugs, transmission service, new air filter). Not sure if they used jack mode, but it was a specialized audi mechanic so I would hope they would know. (hope is the key word) Would that have damaged the bags? Would I have noticed any leaking before? What scanner/software do you recommend? I will try to jack up the front and see if they fill and keep you posted. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps check the air line(s) to the front where they connect at the bags.

And see if they knocked loose/off a level sensor on the LCAs in the front. You could lastly check the air distribution block near the pump. They can go bad too.

I bet your air pump prolly could use replacing too.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need Vag.com with a laptop or VAD with a Palm device to scan at home, or maybe find someone with one of those who'll come to your place.

The only way you can tow a Quattro car is four wheel dollies, a trailer or a flatbed truck.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default "System turned off"

Got it hooked up to a vag-com, cleared all the codes except " suspension system turned off". Have you heard of this? I've had no luck finding anything on this.