Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Incompetent Service RANT

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incompetent Service RANT

ok, lets go back to when I bought the car... bear in mind I live 70 miles from the dealer

it sat in port for a little too long so the protective plastic wasn't removed as soon as it's supposed to be... no big deal right?

well the rear adhesive fused to the nice plastic on the trunk lid that has the rear fog lights and plate holder

no big deal, dealer asks if I mind driving down whenever convient to have it replaced, yeah sure no problem

I drive down, it takes 2 hours to get this piece off apparently, so they get it off and take the new one out of the box... it's cracked

so here I am, 2 hours of sitting, 70 miles from home and they're putting the old one back on... ok, it was a mistake that they didn't check the part, I can deal with mistakes, they give me a day that's been unavailable to roughly 10 other people that had been in that morning... ok they're going to make up for it

so... 2nd trip down, 300 miles again, spent $40 on gas after this trip... it's ok, they took me when it was convenient to me

part's installed, I'm happy, I drive home

30 minutes ago, less then one month later, the entire rear carpeted thing, plus gasket, falls on my head

WHAT THE ****!

now I'm pissed off, so pissed off that I'm having trouble forming sentances on the phone, SEND ME A DAMNED MANUAL AND I'LL DO IT MYSELF! I say, they don't like that idea, want me to drive down again

no way in hell is that going to happen

they say, "are there any other dealers near you?" why yes there are I say, 2 both less then 15 miles from me, I picked you idiots because I liked you!

so they suggest I take it to the other dealer for a warrantee fix... **** no, it's not a warrantee problem, it's service problem, your idiot tech can't put a f'ing carpet liner back on!

if they can't put a liner back on how can they do brakes or engine stuff?

so... here I am, trunk lid hanging, no help from them yet, they say they'll call me back...

damn I'm pissed off
Old 01-28-2004, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Take it to the other dealer...

IT SUCKS WHEN MONKEYS DO A HUMANS JOB!!

Just tell the local dealer the head liner fell.. you get a loaner..all is well.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Go to other dealer if possible.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:49 AM

Wow............ That sucks. We only ask that to do their job, correctly the first time.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Call AOA they need to be aware of dealers like this
Old 01-28-2004, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Default I am not defending the dealer. . .but

. . .things do happen. Even the best of the best probably have a fubar (as you have apparently had happen to you) from time to time.

You have every right to be upset.

I would just go to the closer dealer.

Good luck.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default proof...

... that you have to check other people's work, no matter what. Quality assurance on hand work today is abysmal (almost said "on hand jobs" but I had a feeling that Kim would chime in).

You've got every reason to be disturbed, and every right to be mad - but it only means you're mad and it doesn't get your carpet liner fixed. Find the lesson (don't trust this guy anymore, go to the local dealer) get it taken care of and go from there.

They CLEARLY fell down on the job forgetting to put the carpet liner back on properly. You trusted them to do it right. (shrug)

Fool you once, shame on them. Fool you twice...

-Rhumble
01 allroad
98 VFR
Old 01-28-2004, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wow....

That is no good. Funny thing, it took me two trips to the dealer as well to get the same carpet liner fixed. I feel for you. Make sure that it is seated in there properly when it is fixed. If not, it rattles like hell!!! I would demand an Audisport hat, or license plate frame from your sales guy.

Audi of America never listens, you gotta bloody their nose, and hit em where it hurts...the dealer. Threaten the dealer, threaten your sales guy (in a civil manner of course), they do not want a pissed off customer ranting in their showroom. They will take care of you.
then again, this does require you to go back there, and it is probably not worth a measly hat or license frame. Hell, it's a start!
Old 01-28-2004, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Incompetent Service RANT

Sorry about your somewhat colored language. I also appreciate your frustration, but guess my 12 year old son will not be allowed to read the allroad posts any more. Too bad. allroaders always seem to in a class above the rest.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default There comes a time when you need to take some responsiblity of your own and fix it your self

get a manual, like you asked for and deal with the little things your self. You will have a better realationship with your car. For me I haven't had the same dealer work on my car twice yet. Brakes at one, service at another, other warrenty problems taken care of as far a 1k away from home when traveling.

Quick Reply: Incompetent Service RANT