Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Market for Allroads

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Market for Allroads

I have a 2004 allroad I need to part with and I'd like some thoughts from the gurus here. I don't see a lot of these on the market and I don't know why.

It just turned over 70k miles. I've replaced the two front bags wtih Arnott Gen II bags, did the front brakes and a couple of control arms, and have done 2 of the 6 coils. Its also had all its scheduled maintenance. The Yokohamas I have on there now have about 5k miles on them.

Its been the family hauler for the wife, son and dog for three years, so it shows a little wear and tear, but it still cleans up pretty well.

Comments on the market for this thing?
Old 11-07-2009, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

There aren't many allroads out there, so that's probably why you don't see many on the market. (by many I mean relative to other makes and models)

As for price, I've seen them between 50k and 80k miles with a price range of $14 to $21k. Asking prices are all over the place, but I think a determining factor is your location.
I'm in New England and I've been watching the market for a while and see them selling off dealer lots for somewhere between $16k and $17k for lower mileage.

Where are you located?

I had my 2003 on the market for a couple of months and I recently decided to keep it for the time being. I became tired of the tire kickers, a holes and lowballers who were calling constantly, but offering me $8k or $9k for a near immaculate '03 with 54k.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Washington, DC.

I was wondering if the market might be particularly good in New England for these things given how good they are in the snow.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, the New England market is good for the allroad...especially in the fall early winter months. I see more allroads for sale by dealers between Sept and Nov than any other time of year.

KBB pricing seems to go right out the window this time of year. Ira Audi in Danvers, MA has sold two 2003's for approx $17k in the last two months. I think once someone gets the allroad bug, it becomes an emotional purchase.

Colorado is another hot market for allroads.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Market Value

Dealers were offering me $11,000 in trade-ins. Craigslist at $14,999 got me nothing as well. Mine is a 2004 2.7t, 53k miles, full service history, apr chip, custom wheels, trunk liner, weathertec mats, sirius radio, parktronic.

Only needs were headliner issue and fogged headlight.

Sold to nice guy in Colorado for $13k as-is.

Market in S. Florida for ARS is weak so take that into account.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Up for sale

I also placed an ad in Craigslist recently. So far 2 responses. One asking me to contact him when I was serious about selling it. The other looks like a copy and paste of questions to ask when buying allroads. Wants to know the how many mm's of brake pad I have left.

05 4.2 Atlas Grey, 53k with premium package, winter package, summer package, parktronic, front and rear side air bags and Premium Bose Audio.

I also have the roof rack with a cargo box and 2 bike racks.

Placed ad at $29k. I also have an extended warranty good to 7 years or 100k.

I live in Oregon and the car worked very well in the 2 weeks of snow we had last December + the ski trips.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

sounds to me like your a good $5k-$6k out of the ballpark. don't expect much of a open marketplace to that price point and i can see why your 1st response on CL was what it was!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default This is what I just found and they are all over the place

I picked this up in Chicago. 2004 fully loaded with nav and park-t, 4.2L One owner 145K with full dealer service history. $8200
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2009, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nice car.Make sure you have the ac shaft lubricated.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got to the negotiating stage with one guy and he got mad when I told him about all the work I put into the car and my refusal to let it go for his $11k offer (Timing Belt, Tie Rods, Valve Cover...etc). He got bent out of shape and raised his voice to tell me that I can't make him pay for the work that I did.

I told him he was absolutely right and that our meeting was over. It's a car and a business transaction...not something worth fighting over...lol.

Quick Reply: Market for Allroads