Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Oh, the horror...look away, a Unicorn is on life-support.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well now, my bud's dealership just sold an 05' 6-speed with about 70K on it for close to 19 grand !

It's a tall order prolly to find an 01' 6-speed with that kind of mileage that would compare to what condition yours was in, even if they did find one; book value on an 01' is mostly fully depreciated despite condition and accessories....but maybe you'll get lucky and find one.

While parting it certainly doesn't seem just right as its not even officially 'dead' yet...but in doing so, you'd have a bunch of nice spares and make a few bones off it. Looks like your rims and 3rd row seat would net you close to a grand already ! 8-)

Remain optimistic...hopefully you can walk away smelling and feeling good.
You'd be wise to push for the most money out of the insurance as possible...your car deserves that much.

Anybody interested in an 04' blue/tan 6-speed? Just got one in here in CT. It'll be on Autotrader this week.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Jimbo, thanks for the pep talk. Your friend's sale is actually quite consistent for an '05 6-speed. I am going with the mentality that given the same mileage each year older would be $500-$750 less. BTW, the 01s still had the heated steering wheel too!

My mileage was pretty low for an '01; 84K so that is what I am basing my comparables on.

I should hear later today whether the vehicle is repairable or not...chin is up.

So I am hearing from the oracle that I should do a buy back and then part the car out. I wonder how the wife will like seeing a wreck in the drive way...maybe I need to rent a local storage unit for a while.

The interior on this car was absolutely mint. No rips tears or other rub marks so I would presume that would be quite a bit as well. Look at me now...speaking ill of the still living. lol

BTW, I just found a salvage vehicle that was rearended so the front is in good shape and is the same color...hmmm, if this is written off, a buy back may be in the cards if the mechanics are intact.

Last edited by Giblet; 11-17-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi from the Noob,

Just bought my first allroad, a 2002 model with 133000km on the clock, paid 125000 (ZAR) for it, it's insured for retail of 147000 (ZAR). That equates to 13243(GBP)/ 21090 (USD)on retail. How is it that the values you guys are talking about are so low?

Sorry to see your pics, I would be balling my eyes out right now! Love my car to bits altough she is like an alcoholic... just loves going to the petrol station!

Good luck with sorting out your insurance Giblet!

Best.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AllroaderVince
Hi from the Noob,

Just bought my first allroad, a 2002 model with 133000km on the clock, paid 125000 (ZAR) for it, it's insured for retail of 147000 (ZAR). That equates to 13243(GBP)/ 21090 (USD)on retail. How is it that the values you guys are talking about are so low?

Sorry to see your pics, I would be balling my eyes out right now! Love my car to bits altough she is like an alcoholic... just loves going to the petrol station!

Good luck with sorting out your insurance Giblet!

Best.
Seems most people are talking US/Canada prices. I don't know where you are, but it would be a different market.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think the main reason the Allroad lost its resale value in USA is the air suspension's many problems(the most common one is the air springs leak). When the normal folk goes to the dealer because he/she sees the yellow suspension sign flashing in the dash, and finds out it costs $5,000 to fix it, the first thing he/she thinks is: I have to get rid of this car. And never/ever buy any type of car that has the word 'air suspension' in it.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by indoor
I think the main reason the Allroad lost its resale value in USA is the air suspension's many problems(the most common one is the air springs leak). When the normal folk goes to the dealer because he/she sees the yellow suspension sign flashing in the dash, and finds out it costs $5,000 to fix it, the first thing he/she thinks is: I have to get rid of this car. And never/ever buy any type of car that has the word 'air suspension' in it.
Sad but true. That along with the Torque Converter.

Arnott solves all of the suspension issues with their lifetime warranty and cheap compressors. Torque converter is the only other big issue (turbos, also but they aren't a guaranteed failure)
Old 11-19-2010, 06:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by indoor
Yeah, I suppose you have a point about air suspension... however you guys have a world of goodies available to you over in the US, Arnott for a start, TG they export cause I think I should order before they discontinue, whereas we have firstly a right hand drive model meaning other than rear passenger matts and mudflaps nothing else will fit! Well not that bad... but I would like a set of those allroad branded rubber matts for the car, however the problem is with driver and co-side... think the cargo matt will be my first import... then I need to find flares somewhere.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AllroaderVince
Yeah, I suppose you have a point about air suspension... however you guys have a world of goodies available to you over in the US, Arnott for a start, TG they export cause I think I should order before they discontinue, whereas we have firstly a right hand drive model meaning other than rear passenger matts and mudflaps nothing else will fit! Well not that bad... but I would like a set of those allroad branded rubber matts for the car, however the problem is with driver and co-side... think the cargo matt will be my first import... then I need to find flares somewhere.
Arnott group buy is this weekend. 20% off.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ricam78
Arnott group buy is this weekend. 20% off.
I've sent a quote request through to them, thanks!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, the bagpipes are warming up. The unicorn flatlined about 1 hour ago.

If anyone in the Seattle area (or nearby) wants a great 6-speed tranny, let me know. I need to decide on the buyback soon and I really don't want it sitting in my driveway...

She was a great car and deserved a better fate.

Quick Reply: Oh, the horror...look away, a Unicorn is on life-support.